Visitors came a callin'

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching for you to return home. Now I feel better knowing you made it back safely. Did you stop at any vineyards in the Finger Lakes on the way home?

We had a great time vising with you both. Thanks for including us in your route!

hannabarn said:
Well we finally made it back to Wisconsin after traveling almost 3000 miles. We visited a grandson in Maryland, visited Arlington National Cemetery where my brother and his wife are buried. Visited a nephew in Boston and then visited Appleman in New York. Had a very nice visit with Richard (appleman) and his wife Cindy. The visit was like we had known them for years. We traded some wines and I think I got the better deal as he included some Amerone. They are all resting comfortably after their long trip. Betty and I are doing the same. Waldo, I sure would like to head down your way! Maybe next year. Right now I am traveled out!!!

Quite a jaunt there hannabarn..Bet you are about tuckered out..You give me a couple of days notice afore ya head tis way and i'll get my possum traps set and fetch a bottle or two of that there muskydine port from the root cellar. We gonna chow down on some possum back with sweet taters, turnip greens and jalapeno cornbread, all washed down with a whopping cold glass of bulgarian butermilk
smiley36.gif

Barney, if you swing down to visit Waldo be sure to take I40 east to Memphis. Hop off I40 at Hwy 64 and head east about 15 miles to the home of Peter's Cellars. Love to have you come for a visit.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have to know when the Muscadines will be ready. We are headed for that part of the country on Thursday. KY, TN, AR. I would like to bring some home if there ready. PM me if you have some info.

Jeff

"We gonna chow down on some possum back with sweet taters, turnip greens and jalapeno cornbread, all washed down with a whopping cold glass of bulgarian butermilk"

Dont that make a feller wanna head south!
smiley36.gif

I don't know JW, I think I would hold out for some good hog jowels!

Waldo no need for possum traps, just do like the locals and check out the roads. This time of year them possums do like the skunks and comit sewycide. Just don't cornfuse the possums fer them thar skunks!
smiley11.gif

And if any of you ever come down this way there are free wine tastings at Evans' Cellars!
smiley4.gif

Hey Waldo

I thought you guys had the 'speed bumps' (armadillos) down there too! You didn't mention them in your menu!!!

hummmmm - wonder what kind of wine goes with armadillos?

rrawhide

Why can't I find a place to post pictures on this page without starting a new topic?

Barney hit the reply button for the post, don't just use the quick post window at the bottom of the page. The reply button adds the upload picture icon.

I guess I knew that at one time! Getting old and forgetfuo I guess. Now I have a problem getting the pictures to upload. I have resized them but they wont upload. It worked OK yesterday.

This is the line up of the wines that appleman so graciously gave me in exchange for the wines I gave him! I guess that's called a wine exchange!!! The bottles from left to right: Petite Amie, Cayuga, Nuclear Apple Pepper,another Nuclear Apple Pepper (I'm kind of afraid to try these!) Lacrosse, Amarone, Australian Cabernet Shiraz, Sabrevois and Black Currant (which is already empty!)
20090801_133433_Appplemans_wine.jpg

So the Black Currant sprung a leak and evaporated huh?
smiley2.gif
smiley4.gif

Pretty stong flavor isn't it? I liked it half and half with a cherry I made- but that evaporated on me too!

Yes it is a pretty strong flavor. It was better after decanting. I jusssh finishh hhsit tomignh ht!!!!

Back