Vintage Year on Label?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlot

Junior
Reaction score
I am brand new here, and pretty much brand new to forums. We just made our second kit last night - We have a Luna Rossa in secondary and the Australian Shiraz in primary. I don't recall seeing the vintage year on the bottle labels anywhere. Should the year of the bottling go on the label if you make your own label - there isn't a year on the kit labels is there?
smiley1.gif

Welcome Merlot...love your name...hope you stay awhile and share your experiences with us...Merry Christmas

Thank you! The credit goes to my husband. He plays the web game Project Entropia, and my avatar's nameis Merlot - I don't play, but he created me in the game - just in case I change my mind. Too much thinking, I would rather sit and drink wine and talk! Had to start making our own wine - I am hooked on the better wines, and it is breaking the bank!

Welcome merlot. You have come to the right place for questions or to just share your experiences with us. Happy Holidays!

Northern Winos said:
Welcome Merlot...love your name...hope you stay awhile and share your experiences with us...Merry Christmas

Ditto what Northern said...jh

The nice freedom about making your own...well you can do what ever you want ...It is your baby!!
smiley2.gif
Welcome to the FORUM!!
smiley32.gif

....there isn't a year on the kit labels is there?....

You ask a good question. I did not see a date on the WineExpert labels offered for saleat The Winemaker's Toy Store website. I always take advantage of the offer to havefree labels "custom made" when I order a wine kit. Other than my name (etc.) and the wine variety, I have the year printed.

In order to keep up with the bottling date, a rubber stamp is useful.I usually stamp the date in aninconspicuous place on the label or on the back of the bottle.

Back