vinebrite filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizz65

Reaction score
what is the trick to this filter????? I had a 3 gallon carboy to filter and it took me at least 2 hours and 3 filters. If this is how it works the good old Georgie is getting it back. Please help me I really want it to work but it has to work faster than that.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

OK,

How about some more info? 3 gallons of what? Strawberry wine full of haze? You do realize this is to "polish" your wine correct? If your trying to filter wine that is not clear then your using it for the wrong reason. It should only take 15-30 minutes if your wine is truly ready for this step. Otherwise it will clog and or slow down to a complete crawl or plug altogether.

If you went through 3 filters this wine was cloudy and not in any way ready.

It was 3 gallons of cranberry that was racked 4 times in the last 7 months it was really clear but I just got my filter and I wanted to try it out, you know like a kid with a new toy.

The wine was not cloudy and was ready to bottle not sure why it slowed down so much when I looked at the filter it didn't look bad at all but it did tear for what reason I don't know.

Im not sure what went wrong as I filter 6 gallons of wine in about 45 minutes. Are you sure you had the pad or paper filter in the right spot? Paper filters go on 1 side while the thicker pads go on another and its labeled inside the filter as to where each goes. If there were lees on the bottom and you sucked some of those up then that could be a problem, another thing is if you had the valve in the right position.

1st problem is that Dolphins avitar..... nothing works with them
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

2nd, I'll see ya at work tomorrow and we can figure it out then....
smiley17.gif

I think I should make all your wines for ya and that way I can be sure that they are always ready and correct for you when ever you would like to have them..... of coarse I will need to do occasional QC on each and every batch, and since wine changes over time this would be an "ongoing" QC endeavor

smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif

It might have been a simple function of gravity/pressure.

Mine takes about 45 minutes to do 6 gallons with a 1 m filter.

The only time my vinbrite took "too long" was filtering a 1 gallon batch of peach wine - and that took way too long and used up 3 filters too. It would completely clog the filter pad after about 1 quart. What a pain that was. And, I thought the wine was "clear" when I started too.

Other batches - 45 minutes for 6 gallons is about right.

It definitely helps to have the carboy you are going 'from' quite a lot higher than the receiving container. This is a gravity filter and you need some gravity to help it along.

It also helps to thoroughly wet the pad with water first.

Latest posts

Back