vinator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLS

Reaction score
What is the best solution to use in a vinator to sanitize bottle before bottling?
Potassium Metabisulphite or Star San? Thanks :sm

I use both.

I know that star-san is a sanatiser, but I use star san as a cleanser, I then rinse with k-meta solution befor bottling.

johnT.

I use one step as a cleaner and star san as a sanitizer. I clean equipment and bottles with one step and star san to sanitze bottles right before bottling.

When I use Star San to sanitize my bottle with vinator, there is a lot of bubble in the bottle, is that ok? I let them drip on a bottle tree, but I'm worry about all those bubble.
Thanks

When I use Star San to sanitize my bottle with vinator, there is a lot of bubble in the bottle, is that ok? I let them drip on a bottle tree, but I'm worry about all those bubble.
Thanks

StarSan will foam up, I know.
I sanitize my bottles with Kmeta. I do use a lot of StarSan for other purposes, but just not in my bottles. I know "they" say you don't have to rinse StarSan, but I always do anyway. So, if I did use StarSan for bottles, I surely would rinse the bottles after using it. But then again, that might just be me being overly particular about what ends up in the bottle.

I just use a sanitizing strength kmeta solution in mine then hang on the bottle tree prior to bottling. I figure if any of that remains in the bottle, at least it is something we put in the wine to begin with.

Oxy clean (1 scoop in a laundry sink of hot water) to clean. KMeta and let drip on the tree to sanitize before bottling.

I use B-Brite to clean with and K-meta to sanitize everything.

If using for beer bottles to carb then use Star San, otherwise I just use K Meta.

Latest posts

Back