Veterans Sign In

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGoodin

Reaction score
Since Veterans Day is Monday, I thought a little recognition was appropriate.

Thank you all for your service. It is truly that service that makes this country great.

I was US Army from January 1970 through August 1971. I am a Vietnam Vet and served there 4 months as an Infantryman, 4 months a Helicopter Door Gunner and 4 months as a Company Clerk. If I had it to do all over again, I'd have just been a Company Clerk, just like Radar O'Reilly.

Thank you for your service! I served 5 1/2 years in the Air Force,God bless our Veterans and their family for their sacrifice and service! been making homemade wine for less than a year but I really enjoy it. 7 Gals bottle and 8 more in the works. :)

Thank all active duty and veterans for their service. I was in the Army from March '64 to January '67, mostly with the 3rd Infantry Division in Aschaffenburg, Germany. We were part of Division Artillery (2nd Battalion, 41st Artillery, 155mm SP) and I was a Recon Sergeant heading the Forward Observer Section. Many of out officers were sent to Vietnam and we only had two officers per Battery so Sergeants filled Officers' positions. Funny, I was still paid as an E-5! :)

USMC 1962-1966. In country, Vietnam, April to December of 1965 serving with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron 542.

[Our squadron patch is depicted to the left of this post.]

Thanks to all who have served. Especially the SEABEES who made our tour in Vietnam a whole lot more comfortable than it would have been without their service.

Last edited:
USAF 8th Air Force 81 Fighter Wing 1967-1971.
Thank you to all our vets.

Was in the Marine Corps from 1981-1985. My husband was in the Marine Corps from 1980-2006. I have 2 son-in-laws in the service now, both deployed.

My father and father-in-law served during WW2 and my future son-in-law served with the air force and was deployed to Afganistan for a year.

Thanks to all who served and to those who currently serve and to those who will serve.

Served fron 1970 to 1974...1 year in the states, one year in stuttgart germany with 71st maintenance battalion, 1 year with 1st infantry recon in ben wa ,and the last year in Kornweistein, Germany.
Out of our platoon there remained 12 standing, I was one.
I SALUTE ALL VETS...

Us Army 1977-1987 Engineers 1988-2001 Pa national guard M1 Tank commander retired 231/2 years service.

My dad (army,26 years), father in law served in WW2(fighter pilot)(airforce 20 years).
Thank You everyone,fallen, and here, who has served and given us the freedoms and rights we have today!! I salute you all!

~S~
US Army 1973-1976. 4th Inf Div

Salute to all who have served.
~S~

~S~
US Army 1973-1976. 4th Inf Div

Salute to all who have served.
~S~

My 1st 4 months in Vietnam I was in the 4th Infantry Division. They went home and transferred my to the 101st Airborne Division. I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for the 4th and those I served with. I'm calling my pal, that carried our machine gun, tomorrow morning.

Happy Veterans Day to all.

Never served, but was an Army Brat for 20+ years (I'm still a brat, really). My father was a Ranger and left for Vietnam just after I was born. He is fortunately still with us. Thank you to all you veterans!

Last edited:
Back