Under stair cellar progress

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice maximization of the space you have. I still haven't finalized my racking plans. Us "under stair" folks have some unique challenges when it comes to dealing w/ racking logistics.

That unit looks great... something I could use. I made my basement-under stairs wine rack last year. I need to do put more insulation on the right wall. Temps in the winter get down to 55 and summer temps reach as high as 75 as things stand now.

Here's a photo of the area. The boxes on the right are mostly beer.

March 21-2012-22-1.jpg

Greetings gang! It's been a while. I "finished" my under stair cellar (except for completing a few mostly aesthetic door details) last spring. I ended up using spray foam insulation and not insulating the floor at all. It held up well to a brutal Atlanta summer and I have been steadily filling it up.

For the door, I spent several months gluing corks to a custom cut piece of plywood, and just recently secured it to the inside of the cellar door. It worked out very nicely; looks great and adds a nominal R-value to the door.

I'll get some more pics on here. I think an understair cellar is a great option for folks with limited space and I couldn't be happier with it. This forum was a terrific resource as the project went on. Thanks to you all!

Back