The Winehouse

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you seem to be really moving along with it.

My question is ..what are you going to do with all of your free time once this is finished??

{smack on forehead} It's a winehouse!!!!!

This is probably my last post on this project. It’s taken 21 weekends but I'm done, I have a workable winemaking room. All of my supplies and equipment are in place as are all of my wines in progress. Art, decorations, a couple of chairs, blinds - instead of sheets on the windows etc. will all be done in the next few weeks but the actual room is finished.

I want to thank all of you for your contributions in the form of constructive criticism, suggestions or encouragement. I’ve enjoyed sharing this and it’s added to the fun of the whole project. It has been much more work than I anticipated. It cost more than I expected but I ended up with exactly the space I wanted.

I think my mix of new and recycled materials worked. Door, windows, trim and wood for the counters all used. Flooring, fan, air conditioner, electrical all new. I did splurge (even though cheaply) on a new flat screen and surround sound receiver. I already had the speakers so it wasn't too bad and they look and sound awesome. Got to have that background music when making or drinking wine.

Lori is excited to have the home office and garage closet cleared of my wine stuff and I’m so looking forward to being able to work on my wine with everything right there at hand. I think that this Friday night I’ll break the winehouse in by starting my first batch of DD’s Dragon Blood - maybe two batches, there is a contest happening and I’ll have some spare time now.

Thanks,
Mike

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

IMG_9545.jpg

IMG_9550.jpg

There is only one thing missing from your pictures... You in the middle of the room, sippin on something great, and enjoying the "fruits" of your labor!!!!!

Good idea, think I'll take some pics on the 4th with some friends and family in there and put one up along with the final cost of the whole project. My wife thinks it's about 5,000, I'm guessing slightly less, we'll total the receipts this weekend and see.
Mike

Back