Ultasound aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd1

Reaction score
Anybody hear anything about ultrasound aging of wine?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3115492/Ultrasound-machine-turns-cheap-plonk-into-fine-wine-in-30-minutes-says-inventor.html
20081003_044021_Ultrasound.jpg

looks interesting. Is there any information around on availability and price?

so far every device that claims this has been snakeoil. The whole article smacks of snakeoil too. I think I'll pass on this $700 device.

Lets see, spend $700 on fast aging OR 9 or 10 months FREE aging.
smiley36.gif

If you would have told me back in 1976 that people would pay for bottled water and $10.00 for a half an hour in a tanning bed I would have told you that you are nuts.

I'm going to start aging my wines in my bed.........

It seems to work all too well on me!

20081003_144401_bellyman1.gif

That was a live shot..............

Not bad looken for a 29 year old if ya ask me..........
smiley19.gif

So what about my magnet?

We tend to bottle our wine about 4 months from pitching the yeast. Then we put each bottle on the magnet for about an hour.

Do a blind taste test. If you can taste the difference then its worth it!

Sure a year later there's probably no difference but I don't wait to drink the 10L to 15L kits. The 23L kits are a little more respected and hopefully worth waiting to consume.

Wayne

I would let the 15 liter kits age also as they can really suprise you. The 7.5 and 10 I would play with much earlier though but please dont under estimate the 15's.

I have never tried the 15 kits. The 7.9 or whatever it was will never happen again. Since then I have only done 100% juice. Ill have to give a 15 a whirl. My problem with aging is storage. I only have a closet to keep all of my equipment and store my wine. I already have 20 bottles of Chardonay, 14 Port, 90 Lambrusco, 5 Spiced apple,and 30 White Merlot. Not a whole lot of room left!!!

Jack, now I dont just make this offer to anyone, but send a few dozen my way, I've got plenty of room to store them for ya!
smiley32.gif

Lol. I am sure quite a few people share your sense of charity and sacrifice.A model humanitarian. lol. well hopefully Ill be getting a house soon. Then Ill have plenty of room. And if I am luckey a nice wine cellar!!!
smiley15.gif

jobe05 said:
I'm going to start aging my wines in my bed.........

It seems to work all too well on me!

20081003_144401_bellyman1.gif

So jobe gets dressed and heads for the park to feed the squirrels and pigeons................

1E0ORCADU7DOSCAZBQ1CQCAZ3X7AQCAWTHH.jpg

Actualy, I started growing a beard and went to the park to see if this would show up for me!

20081123_084815_sirens20website.jpg

Instead I sit here playing with my nuts and the squirrels...................

Luckily I brought enough wine in case the girls show up........

Bwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Im not gonna say "nuttin"

Latest posts

Back