Types of Corks

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I usually use the basic corks available at my LBS but the other day I sent more than twice as much for some corks 'Diam II' winery grade corks.. Was wondering if anyone had used these corks before and if there really was any difference.. I mean, they are made in France, which is wine country, so they have to be good right?

Dirty Dog this is the cork many of us have used for a long time with no issues. I have gone to a different one now as I'm getting them personalized. Wade uses them and has wine in bottles for years with no problem. Unless if you're going to keep wines for at least five years or more, I don't see any reason for getting the all natural ones.

Well I guess next time I will buy the regular corks for my fruit wines and the better corks for kits I plan to age.. I just figured Id give them a try.. Since I already have them I might as well use them for the next batch I am bottling this week end..

Cheers..

Diam II or D2 as you see the name on corks made by Diam is an excellent agglomerate closure. Many commercial wineries use them. I looked into them for a custom enclosure but they were to pricey for my current needs.

Back