hollowing out a cork

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After pinching my nipple a few times with the DL corker, I make sure to push the cork in the corker hole tight and make sure it’s straight. I snatch a fresh cork out of my k-meta solution so its not dry when going in. Kind of like KY-meta
I have to ask... why not wear a brasserie to prevent that from happening? Lol

The wine is 700+ miles away, so further pictures are not likely.

The ullage is not the problem, as it's proper level. We fill to the brim and when the filler tube is pulled out, the wine level drops even with the bottom of the neck in Bordeaux bottles.
I know you're not new to this but I'd never seen it before and had to ask (I hope I didn't offend).

I know you're not new to this but I'd never seen it before and had to ask (I hope I didn't offend).
My first reaction was, "seriously?" 🤣

But when I thought about it, you're right -- an important part of problem solving requires eliminating things, and your question is a good one. Text is a poor communication medium, and I've done the same thing, figuring out how to ask a question where the answer should be "no", but might not be.

Wife doesn’t want me wrecking them. I think I’ve got holes in three different shirts from corker. I’m thinking Kevlar vest. Or a floor corker.
I vote for floor corker, but in the mean time, change your technique -- when using a DL corker, I put the bottle on the counter and don't have anything sensitive and/or valuable too near the corker.

I vote for floor corker, but in the mean time, change your technique -- when using a DL corker, I put the bottle on the counter and don't have anything sensitive and/or valuable too near the corker.
yeah I think I finally got it. I used to keep the corker close to me so I didn’t tip the bottle over but now I put bottle on a silicone pot holder so it won’t slip and I can “keep my distance”

gotta post a DL corking video on the beginners forum

Latest posts

Back