Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BALANCE OF PICS,

Attachments

• tom.jpg
    tom.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 11 - Copy.jpg
    11 - Copy.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 12 - Copy.jpg
    12 - Copy.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 13 - Copy.jpg
    13 - Copy.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 14 - Copy.jpg
    14 - Copy.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 15 - Copy.jpg
    15 - Copy.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20160311_123202426 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20160311_123202426 - Copy.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20170528_153130054 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20170528_153130054 - Copy.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20170528_153132261.jpg
    IMG_20170528_153132261.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 20
Sir,
I'm in clearing portion of a Fontana Merlot kit.
I came to this thread few days ago.
Newbie I am,as was every person on this thread.
I see that you use Current to boost body.
I used raisins, only because I thought of them being the grape concentrate with skins.
You obviously have a great reason for using currents.
Please share with me,please.
I desire to learn.l

Glad to share this thread with you and yes depending on your wine base eithr currents white or dark can be used.raisins on the other hand Lean a little stronger partenship or background taste depending on which you choose.Rasins do well with Amarone and other Big Itslian reds, currents do better with fruitery reds like sharaz ,both can help in the structure and body of the wine. Whit currents are great for fruity whites as grapefruit zest is excellent for pinos grigio.Lots to learn and have fun with in experimenting with flavor profiles and enhancements . Have fun

Glad to share this thread with you and yes depending on your wine base eithr currents white or dark can be used.raisins on the other hand Lean a little stronger partenship or background taste depending on which you choose.Rasins do well with Amarone and other Big Itslian reds, currents do better with fruitery reds like sharaz ,both can help in the structure and body of the wine. Whit currents are great for fruity whites as grapefruit zest is excellent for pinos grigio.Lots to learn and have fun with in experimenting with flavor profiles and enhancements . Have fun
Thanks for the words.
Question.
Sir,
When do you use Tannins?
Can you add Tannins during the clearing stage if neey?

Usually in the primary and for sure in the secondary always on reds not whites, 1 teaspoon or two but no more, are u able to take PH readings then if so match on.

Usually in the primary and for sure in the secondary always on reds not whites, 1 teaspoon or two but no more, are u able to take PH readings then if so match on.
Note added.
I tried to read the pH with wine strips,but it comes out the color of the Merlot.
The strips are good because the s.blanc beside it reads a good 3.2 pH.

Do it again does your pH strips have a color/ pH indicater on if so you could be in the 4.0 range that will also change in taste in time

Do it again does your pH strips have a color/ pH indicater on if so you could be in the 4.0 range that will also change in taste in time
Yes, there's a color chart to 4pH.
Then I guess the pH is OFF TO the chart.
can I add Tannins at this point?

No don't unless you can confirm a definite answer to the question ,what pH are you at.got it?ⁿ

Has anyone had an experience using Vodka to soak chips in to extract the oak profile of barrel aging?
I have used it with some good results, smell and taste.

Another question.
Would suggest adding a teaspoon or two of Tannins to S.Blanc that is clear and has been bulk aging for 3 months?

I have that.
I'll put a couple teaspoon in.
This I know is green, but why do you put tannin powder in wine?

And one little tip if I may— go easy on the tannin addition. It’s so easy to ruin a wine that way. A little goes a long way. Whatever u wanna dose it- round down then cut it in half. Or do bench trial on smaller amount first.
And that’s actually a damn good question. Because it could be a ton of different reasons. And added at different times will produce different effects. Best to follow each types specific instructions for what you wanna get out of it. (You can add certain tannins or oak to a fermentation for better results too. Can benefit a red kit. Doesn’t add oak “flavor” but used to help improve the overall body by aiding extraction)
Ever see these little $5 packs? Meant for frozen must but can help with juice pails or kits too.
https://morewinemaking.com/products/additive-pack-brehm-frozen-fruit-reds.html
https://morewinemaking.com/products/additive-pack-brehm-frozen-fruit-whites.html

Back