WineXpert Trying to get a "quick drinker" going..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finguy

Junior
Reaction score
I picked up a VR Chard today and wonder if it needs any tweaking (I have some golden raisins) or should I leave it alone. I want a wine Fingal can enjoy as her "evening, sitting in the backyard with some cheese" glass of wine, without having age for very long.

If she wants it qucik, just make it up to directions and in a couple months she can drink it and probably enjoy it. Of course as it ages a little more it will get even better. I added 4 ounces of a medium toast American oak when I made one and the ladies seem to like it. Just don't leave the oak in for too long. I added it at the transfer from primary to secondary and removed it when I stabilised and degassed. The oak gave it some body, so if you added it you shouldn't need the raisins.

Don't forget the Island Mist kits. They are ready to drink pretty well when done fermenting. I believe most of them are on the sweet side though. I have only made the Exotic Fruits White Zin and it is sweet.

She's not a sweet wine fan. I'll just leave it alone. It comes with Oak so that should give it some body but she can start using it a month after bottling.

Latest posts

Back