WineXpert Toasted Caramel & Apple Port

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
My kit will be here tomorrow. Has anyone made this?
What do you think?

Are you making RJS Carmel And a RJS Carmel apple or A RJS Carmel Apple? I have done both very nice ports.

Aging time

:slp WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED AGING TIME ON THESE PORT KITS?,I still have my coffee port waiting to be completed.:slp

Well duh! It is an RJ kit and it is Toasted Carmel. Because of a mix up, I did get 25% off. Not what I wanted but the price is right!

Yeast

I am not sure but the yeast should be there because of the high sugar content in the base wine ,did you also get a package of dextrose sugar? :bR

:slp WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED AGING TIME ON THESE PORT KITS?,I still have my coffee port waiting to be completed.:slp

Joe, have you started the coffee port yet or just waiting for it to be completed?

Last edited:
Dispite it producing half the normal amount of kit wine, it comes with double ingredients. So if I happen to make two kits at once for 6 gallons I should be using 4 packets of yeast?!?!?

No added sugar pack either. Just an f pack to add in the final stages. I would like to add my must came in at a whopping 1.122.. can we say 17%. Smells great.

Coffee port

Have not even opened the box,. Looking forward to it after the first year,. Have you done one? E

This is my first port. And the first wine my wife enjoys the Smell of fermenting. Lol

Have not even opened the box,. Looking forward to it after the first year,. Have you done one? E

No, but Earl (eblasmn9) and I are both starting the Coffee Port on the 1st or very close. I sent you a PM. I am going to start a new thread at that time so we can share notes as we go. Be sure to join in when you get yours going.

Just started my Toasted Carmel Port this afternoon. SG is 1.120. The juice smells wonderful!

Blueberry port

:r I have experimented with ports in the past this open bottle of blueberry port from 2006 . I wish I could share with you all is everything a port should be, differ in color great body . Good alcohol content well-balanced with some oak, I will probably never do this again. This is very good for if I do say so myself. :rF

This turned out great we love it! Now I wished I had made a double batch of the Toasted Carmel Port.

Latest posts

Back