Time to bottle again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivebk

Reaction score

Attachments

• DSC_0159 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0159 (Small).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0158 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0158 (Small).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0185 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0185 (Small).JPG
    36 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC_0172 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0172 (Small).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC_0162 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0162 (Small).JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC_0176 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0176 (Small).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_0163 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0163 (Small).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0177 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0177 (Small).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0164 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0164 (Small).JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC_0191 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0191 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Strawmpleberry Skeeter Pee huh? They all look great like usual Bob. Glad you got some more in the bottles. Those racks were looking pretty empty. LOL

Dedicated winemaking area! :try

Mine's called the KITCHEN! :)

I have a run like that in my near future..

9 gallons to bottle in 375's
15 gallons to bottle in 750's

Good lookin winemaking space !

I have about 50 cases to bottle, so I'm going to do baby steps and do a little at a time. That is one awesome wine room. My jealousy meter is going off....

Ok I know what the skeeter pee. Are the sweet white and cherry zin (i am assuming that's Zinfindal) kits. If so what ones Ian looking for something like these. Thanks. Still jealous of the set up you have.

Beautful wine room. Very neat, clean and organized. Lots of fun time there!
What did you seal the bench tops with? I need to build one for my room and was considering staining then polyurethane. But like the natural wood look.

ShelleyD, The cherry Zin is a Welch's Concord based wine with blueberries, blackberries, cherries, peppercorns & oak. We like it sweet. The sweet white is made from fresh grapes that I picked from a vineyard some friends bought. The only problem is they have not been able to find out what types of grapes are in the vineyard........ Thus I named it 2012 Sweet white.

Les, My benchtop is unfinished as of right now. I am bouncing back and forth the ideas of either a regular style countertop , just sealing it or a metal countertop......haven't decided yet!!

Is there a recipe for the Cherry Zin. It sounds like something I would like to try. I am trying some welch's concentrate wines...just one gallon batches because I am still a bit leery a out breaking out of the box yet. I have made some Dragons Blood and that's about bit as far as non kit wines.

Bob you do such a great job are you sure you're not in this commercially?

I am always glad to share a recipe!!!

( 6 gallon ) Cherry Zin 3/26/12

12 cans Concord conc. Welch’s 100%
5 cans Blackberries
6 cans Blueberries
6 cans (sweet) Cherries
1 box Raisins
12 Bananas
3 cups Sugar to SG 1.080
1T. Wine tannin
4T. Acid blend
1T. Pectic enzyme
7tsp. Yeast nutrient
3tsp. Yeast energizer
1T. Whole peppercorns (slightly crushed)
Water To 6 gallon approx. 4 gallon
1pkg. 71B – 1122 wine yeast

Simmer bananas skin & all in enough water to cover fruit. Simmer all cans of fruit, raisins, and peppercorns in their own juice. Strain bananas and add the liquid to primary bucket. Place pulp from fruit in a strainer bag & add liquid to primary. Add Concord conc. & remaining ingredients to primary bucket. Add strainer bag with pulp to primary. Wait 12 hrs. & pitch yeast.

3/27/12 Pitch yeast
3/30/12 rack to glass sg 1.010
5/5/12 Rack, add K-Meta, sorbate & top up with Cherry Zin
10/25/12 Rack & add K-Meta
11/29/12 Rack to new oak barrel
12/29/12 Rack from oak barrel back to glass & back-sweeten to SG 1.020
Add K-Meta
1/16/13 Filter wine

The cans of fruit are just regular size ( somewhere between 12 - 20oz ). I did'nt add any K-Meta at the start because everything was from a can. With a six gallon batch it takes this about 8 months to start to bring all the flavors together. don't be in a hurry to bottle or drink it. It will just disappoint you. I have not left this wine dry. I have always back-sweetened it. If you like a sweet wine you will love it. Someone could try it dry and let me know how it turned out. If you only make a gallon of it you will wish you had made more!!!!!

BOB

Latest posts

Back