this morning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoffart

Rick
Reaction score
Got an 4 am wake up call. This one was about a mile away from my house. This was someones home yesterday.

4e071185.jpg

Oh goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope everyone got out safe.

That is sad that someone lost their family pets! It is heartbreaking

Glad everybody got out OK. Looked like a nicely landscaped place at least with what is left. Fireplace embers?

It is very unfortunate. We also had one burn down about a mile from me in the beginning of December. They all all their gifts bought and wrapped. This older ladies sister died a week earlier and her ashes were setting on the dining room table. No one was home thank goodness but they lost their dog.

Rick, I have been to a lot of those in the last 30 years or so. Your heart goes out to those folks who have lost everything. Sometimes, tho, we can get em put out and there is still something there that people can build their lifes back with. Even if it is just some old pictures, family heirlooms or whatever. Back when I started we wound up with more of them looking like that one, now the new firemen have been to lots of the new training and we tent to have more of the structures standing and at least part of the contents salvagable. I for one am impressed with the new techniques, most of the ones whene I started we would save the foundation. Well time to jump off the soapbox, Arne.

My heart goes out to that family. Hurts to even look at the photo.

Yea, even I forget and treat it like another fire. This one got to me with the couple standing nearby crying and looking with disbelief.

Latest posts

Back