This is worrisome!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
A big ol' box addressed to me was delivered to the main office at work at 12:40 today. I checked after my lunch and saw it was there. As usual I left it there and went back to work. At the end of my day I went to the office to pick it my treasure. The box was gone!
smiley3.gif
The other delivered boxes were exactly where they'd been earlier but a smaller box that was on top of mine had been moved.

In the box are two chocolate raspberry port kits...potential double gold medal winning chocolate raspberry port kits!

I have no idea where it is. I just know I want it back and I want it back pronto!

smiley18.gif

THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!
smiley3.gif

I'd create a stir tomorrow and cause a lock down!

NO ONE LEAVES TILL THE WINE IS FOUND!

It's got to be either a horrible joke on someones part or you have a real low life working with you.............. and based on where you work..... that would be concerning!

Where do you work? That is just horrible Joan, any chance that somehow it got shipped back as people now a days are just idiots and getting dumber by the minute it seems.

Hopefully it's a practical joke and all will be fine tomorrow!

Joan, need to call: "Dog, Bounty Wine Hunter" immediately. 1800-missinwine
smiley3.gif

LOL I like that idea UAV!!
smiley36.gif

I believe there's evil at work here!!!!

I know one uh..."friend" who might do this to me...I gave him a giant 750 ml bottle of CRP last Thursday for his birthday! It was my way of thanking him for critiquing my wine. I did mention to him I was expecting 6 more gallons of it today so he might very well be the culprit.

I've got a plan...I'm going to work early tomorrow. If the box has not been returned to the office or left in my room, I'm heading to his before he gets there. I have a key! [Insert evil laugh here!!!] If it's not in his room, I will turn out the lights, lock his door, and wait for him. When he unlocks his door to find me there, I'm telling him he's not getting a drop more of my wine until the box is returned!!!

smiley14.gif

Tell him you have the key to unlocking the greatness of this wine and without it, he will get 6 gallons of vinegar. Give it back or get it back!

I sell online. 99% of the time when a pakage is missing (never seen at all) it was picked up by somone at the office by mistake and returned the next day or moved to another room to save space.

Some times it is picked up by the shipper and retured the next day. (In box out box mistake)

Joan,
Would the culprit even know what to do with it? Hopefully, it was just misplaced and will turn up.
Let us know if you track it down!!!

Ramona

An update!

I didn't need to carry out my plan! It seems while I was out of my room taking care of a computer problem, the box was delivered to my room. I was looking for it on the floor. It was on a 2 drawer filing cabinet so I missed it! It's home safe and sound.
smiley4.gif

*puts away his voodoo dolls with a silent, satisfactorynod*

- Jim

That is a relief Joan. Now you can make it up and have more gold in another year. Be sure to enter some in the Winemaker Magazine contest and help George out along with yourself! Edited by: appleman

No no Joan...that was the bottle you were going to send me...Remember ?? You will have to send a different one to the mag contest.
smiley4.gif

Waldo said:
No no Joan...that was the bottle you were going to send me...Remember ?? You will have to send a different one to the mag contest.
smiley4.gif

Oh yeah,... sure,... that's right,... I knew I forgot something.

P.gif

Remember the "Makes me sick" post. Waldo won't throw away the rest of the glass.
Pssssssssstttttttt Waldo! Tryin to help you out here buddy.
smiley36.gif

Back