This is my last week of work - retirement is finally in sight!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
This Friday will be my last day of gainful employment. After working for the last 46 years since enlisting at 17 in 1965 and the last 14 years spent at my present company I am finally retiring. At last some time to relax, do what I want, enjoy spending more time with my 2 year old grand daughter, garden and putz around in the yard, read the of the 200 or so books I have stockpiled while sitting the shade on my deck with a cold brew, make more wine, and have the chance to get the sail panels, the oil pan, the head liner, the sunroof tracks and gasket replaced on the Fiero (and other little odds and ends done) and probably hang out more on the forum.
Whew.... :D
Larry

U R lucky. I don't see that in my future... :po

Good for you, Larry. I won't be but a couple years behind you. I am so looking forward to doing something different with my life. I'll stay busy for sure, but hope to be doing something different for a change.

Godspeed, man.

congrats larry!...but you forgot to mention one thing?....wine making and drinking!!!!! :eek:

Congrats don't forget to drink that there wine you plan on making

Way to go Larry - 46 years, wow, you've earned it! Retirement is great and there's certainly lots of things to do.
Enjoy!

Congrats and thanks for helping us keep safe in the USA.

Enjoy the grand kids. Looking back I wish I had spend more time with mine. They'd probably love to help you make wine.

:brSeems like I got a lot more done around the joint when I was working, now time flies by and nothing gets done very fast. Wine making has been a great addition to my hobbies. I am also doing some volunteer work almost full time paying back for all the great hunting and fishing times I had. I am more busy now than when I was working.:slp Or is it because I have aged and time is really flying...........Have a great retirement and jump on your most ambitious and physically demanding idea's first. First thing I did was build a new home from the ground up, acted as the general contractor and did all the things I could to save money, great project, built the way I wanted at half the cost or less..........go get em while you can and enjoy....

Oh Larry I ran into a friend of your's and she was asking...

461146462.gif

Last edited:
Congrats, I'm looking at another 5 years, hopefully it goes fast but then again I don't want my life to go that fast. I''ll wait.

And I am looking forward to seeing you more on here, that is definitely a bonus :h

Oh Larry and ran into and friend of your's and she was asking...

461146462.gif

For crying out loud Dan she doesn't need some plumbing done, she needs some landscaping done to get rid of those corn rows and rebuild the landscape that is sliding down the hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hope your horizons Expand with your free time and your creativity too. Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back