Thinking of you guys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
Just a quick line to tell y'all that I have not forgotten about you. We had a House Fire on 8-12-13 and internet access has been limited since then.
The family is all doing good and the Fire Department did a great job keeping it contained to just one bedroom but the Smoke & Water damage was terrible. Insurance is taking care of it and we hope to back home in a couple more weeks.
Miss you all WMT
Duster

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Duster but happy to hear that no one was hurt and most everything is recoverable. Glad to have you back.

I hope everything works out for you !
I know that all materialistic things can be replaced = so we are very grateful that no one got severally hurt in this situation, we will be thinking of you and your family.

Please keep in touch

sorry to hear about your calamity. I'm happy to hear that no one was hurt. I hope everything lost is replaceable

Thanks, Duster for letting us know. So sorry that you had to go thru this, I know water and smoke damage is always pretty bad. The cleanup has got to be horrible. Take care and good luck.

Glad everything is getting back to normal.

Did your wine glass get damaged?

That's a bad deal, Duster. So glad nobody was injured or worse. If your wine supply was damaged you have to let us know. Maybe we can do something about that. Take care and happy that you are alright. Arne.

Hey Duster, I'd missed your presence. It's good to know you and your family is safe.I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

were back in the house now, after 8 weeks in a camper trying to get things put away. the cable company is telling us that it may be a couple weeks before they can run a new line for us but a neighbor was nice enough to let us use there wifi in the interim.
Our wine supply was undamaged other than the heavy useage toll it took while we were cooped up in a camper.
the poor saps at the restoration company took every last empty bottle I had, washed them, wrapped each one in bubble wrap, and boxed them up. I bet somebody was cussing me :)

I even found the time this weekend to drag some peaches and seyval blank out of the garage freezer, thaw them and run them through the crusher.
Back in the saddle again!!!

Good for you...just as an afterthought, if there happened to be any oak furniture that got charred left, you night want to hold on to it,,,just sayin...

The proper attitude makes a world of difference.It's good to hear that you are back in the saddle!

Latest posts

Back