The New Me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 1/2 weeks before I gave up on it! It just did nothing for me. I guess I need more help than what it had to offer.

Thanks waldo!They're our world right now.
smiley4.gif

Glad to see so many folks wanting to quit and Chantix is another tool to help and I don't know anything about the weight gain when using it.

Virginia seemed to be way behind on the no smoking in public places from what we saw.
smiley6.gif
Edited by: masta

To all of you who are trying to quit! Hope Chantix works well for you then no one at WineStock will be outside polluting the air while the rest of us are having fun inside and you are missing a moment!!!

Ramona
goodluck6.gif
Edited by: rgecaprock

Wait a second, Ramona!!! What's with the "trying to quit"? They're not trying to quit. They are quitting!! For good!

smiley4.gif

Edited by: Joan

End of Day One, sky cleared up, no rain , cool 72*...must be the Chantix. Working nights, so my days are a little different than most, but I will say I had some pretty livid dreams today, so think I will pop another one, and enjoy the ride.
smiley36.gif

So far all right for me, Day 2 with no butts but my wife is not doing so good with out as shes on every ones case. She is not a happy camper and we just give her support and run away!
15_4_125.gif

Okay, hows everyone doing with this? I haven't had 1 since Sunday night and still want one but the Welbutrin and Nicotrol inhaler are working again so far with holding me off and getting a little easier.
3_5_9.gif
36_2_44.gif

Good luck to all you smoke quitters , i am proud of you and so will your friends and parents and kids < I had to quit in 1995 when i had a tripple bypass, then i started to sneek one every once in a while , Then i started getting Stents put in and now i have 6 stents The Dr. told that nicatean would collapse the stents and it would all be over. Thats when i desided to not smoke annnnnnnnny mo. I grant you it was the hardest thing i had ever done & am damn sure glad i did , So hang in there folks you will make it

Smoke free Harry

Oh, by the way, watch your weight everyone as nicotine is a stimulant not to mention it helps curb the time instead of eating so beware that the scales might start tipping in the wrong direction!
15_8_6.gif

A week and a day with no butts and its still tough but its going. Ill be on the Nicotrol & Welbutrin for at lest another month just to help ease me down. Ive been keeping busy to occupy myself by working on my wine cellar. Just keep busy everyone and it is easier not to smoke or eat in replacement of smoking as last time I gained quite a few lbs. and that also gave me an excuse to start up again as I worked really hard to get down from 215 to 170 and dont want to have to do that again. Good luck everyone and stick with it. Its not easy and Im sure some of yous have been smoking for more years than me but I do have 28 years of smoking behind my belt. Yes thats right, do the math, Im 37 and that means I started when I was 9! I was the youngest in my crowd and thats not the only stupid thing I did as a kid!!!!!!!!
23_4_119.gif

Another great reason to participate in this forum!These things are always easier when you have a support group and this is certainly that!

Good luck to all of you that are trying to kick this. I have never smoked, but I've had to deal with weight issues and having someone to encourage you helps.

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE!

I have never taken up the practice of smoking but obviously I have known many who have. Most folks I know that have given up smoking completely have done so for their family (children) my parents did the same. Over the years I have seen many try and struggle. I never understood why they could not give it up, that nasty habit. But over the years I begun to understand habits and the pain involved to stop. I will never truly understand addictions like smoking, drinking, drugs, and the type that are apparently deleterious to ones health. But I do understand eating disorders, which I share.

My addiction / disorder has helped me cope with the addictions of others.

My point is, many folks say "just do it". It's not that easy and hurray for those with the power to do so.

The key is self control, everything in moderation and people supporting you.

Good luck to you all and keep trying. I've gained 30 lbs in 7 years but I'm holding... Keeping my face out of the frig helps... go figure.

So far so good. At the point now when I smell the cigs I wonder how I could do that to myself, really smells aweful...but I know it would be really easy to slip right back on em, so....one day at a time.
smiley20.gif
Hope everyone else is having some success, just don't give up trying!

Good for you JW, and everyone who is doing this.
smiley32.gif

It takes a lot of discipline at this point but now it should start getting easier.

I'm really proud of all of you.

Hows Waldo doing???????</font></font>

Edited by: jobe05

Latest posts

Back