"New" old wine press and jackpot!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivywoods

Reaction score
I bought this antique wine press today at a farm auction. Evidently I paid a fraction of what it's worth. I wanted a restoration project that I could eventually use for my wine making. Turns out it doesn't need restored, just cleaned. THEN on the way home I drove past a vineyard I pass almost every day. I had no idea who owned it. This time he was out tending his vines so I stopped. Jackpot! What a wealth of information! I will be going back to help with pruning vines which will help me learn techniques. He has offered to let me get starts from the prunings so I can replenish some of mine in my new but neglected vineyard. Oh! He even sent me home with 2 bottles of wine to try!

Once again I feel very blessed! I went to the local vineyard to see if I could help prune his vines and return his bottles . He needed to stay by the phone so we just talked. With his help I learned which red wine grape I want for my vineyard and I'm narrowing down my choices for a white. He also gave me two more bottles of wine to try. So far I've tried Steuben, petite pearl, Cayuga, and I have a Norton to try that I haven't opened. I also want to sample his traminette.

Latest posts

Back