The New Me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a strong urge isnt it Wade. When it really hits me , I smell someone that just had one, think of the cough (that is getting better), think of how bad the room I smoked in at home smelled after a few days without one...in short, I rethink all the reasons I want to quit, it helps get over the urge. At the end of each day, I look back and I am glad I didnt light one up.

I just think of the money I save and the 2 little ones running around my house and hopefully seeing them grow up and get married and see their children. That will be good enough for me.

Has anyone noticed the change in taste? I see Wade is now into the reds. I remember at the first of this year, when I first saw I liked wine, I was at the three month mark of another attempt to stop smoking, anyone else seeing there taste change as they get off the tobacco? This is what we've been missing!
smiley36.gif
Hang in there!Whatever you do , don't let temporary failures convince you that you have failed! Don't quit trying to quit!

wade said:
So thats why Im liking reds and eating turnips now!

TURNIPS???????

Nope..... nothing to do with not smoking...... Must be some other weird psychological issue........
smiley36.gif

Weight Gain!..... Has been a huge problem for m wife and I. We have both beefed up about 30 pounds a piece. I'm told (don't know if true or not) that nicotine speeds the heart up, in turn raising the metabolism, burning fat, Kinda naturally. Once you stop smoking, the heart beats slower so the body stores more..........?? I don't know....... I'll use anything for an excuse. Funny thing is, we work out. We have a tread mill in the living room now, we ride bikes, we walk and we watch what we eat for the most part. It doesn't work!

Last week I watched my wife get on the treadmill (while I sat on the couch and did nothing) and run (very hard) for 4 miles! 4 MILES!!!!!!!!! She weight herself......... she gained. Then we went for a mile long bike ride around the hood. Now there are steep hills........... OK when your 30 pounds over weight, their friggen steep! Throughout our neighbor hood, so it wasn't an easy ride. Then she cam back in and ran for a while more on the treadmill, running 4 to 6 miles an hour..... Not an easy speed (remember... 30 pounds over weight)........ She gained 2 pounds after all that...... she went in and took a shower and we went out to lunch........

Anyways........ I'm very proud of you guys..... You're doing it! Good for you!

Remember Jobe that muscle weighs about 3 times as much as fat! I'd say your wife is a "gainer" and that she need not be worried about weight if she is maintaining physical fitness. The fat will drop, but weight may not!

If she keeps it up, in about 4-6 weeks the results will be dramatically noticed...clothes will not fit, endurance will skyrocket, etc.

endurance will skyrocket! Now youll never keep up.
smiley36.gif
Nicotine is a stimulant and the last time I quit I gained quite a bit of weight. This time Im watching closely.

How is everybody doing out there with the attempt to quit smoking? We want you all around a good long time. Everybody report in and tell us how you are all doing- good or not so good. Remember each time you try to quit, you learn something that can be used next time!

John Johnson - Free and Healing for Eleven Months, Ten Days, 12 Hours and 24 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 26 Days and 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 7601 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,156.55.

jobe05 said:
John Johnson - Free and Healing for Eleven Months, Ten Days, 12 Hours and 24 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 26 Days and 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 7601 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,156.55.

smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif
Buy more wine kits with the $$$$$$
smiley1.gif
smiley1.gif

Not smoking over here. No Nicotrol needed anymore either. I have gained 8 lbs and am watching very carefully so I do not gain anymore, after the holidays Im going to try and start working out a little, no money or time to go to a gym but I must lose at least that 8 and anything else is a bonus.
Edited by: wade

I have gained 32 pounds and with the holidays here.............. Ah who cares...............

Come next year (some time), I will try to lose it............. I probably won't though. But hey........ Fat is OK as long as Im still here.

The bad part is, according to my quit counter program I have added 26 days to my life.............. That means 26 more days of lying there in bed crapping my diapers in pain waiting to die.......................... sigh..............

sadly jobe, there is a lot of truth to that last statement. I put my grandmother in a nursing home 3 weeks ago and I still can't get used the sights I see when I go visit. Certainly doesn't make aging attractive.

jobe05 said:
I have gained 32 pounds and with the holidays here.............. Ah who cares...............

Come next year (some time), I will try to lose it............. I probably won't though. But hey........ Fat is OK as long as Im still here.

The bad part is, according to my quit counter program I have added 26 days to my life.............. That means 26 more days of lying there in bed crapping my diapers in pain waiting to die.......................... sigh..............

Look at it as 40 more years of Quality living, not caughing and hacking and feeling bad. Not to mention not tasting or smelling. Then there is the better health for evryone around you not exposed to your smoke. I know you are a positive thinker- I've seen it in most all your posts and love it!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I have not noticed a more distinct taste bud this time or last time. I also have a deviated septum so that may be the problem.

wade said:
I have not noticed a more distinct taste bud this time

I haven't either Wade...........................

I'm just not in any big hurry to get away from the table to go have a cigarette any more.........
smiley36.gif

Getting bigger guys??? Just more of you to love.

I get bigger every year and find it harder to drop those pounds....After getting sick I was glad that I did have a few extra pounds...was nice when they were gone....but I am right back where I was before Cancer....feeling good is the best feeling.

Latest posts

Back