The Heat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Outside temp today...104* :m
Inside the store at the front window...92*:po
At the thermostat...77*:se
Ac set at...74*:<
Forcast... tomorrow...106*:sh

Mike, DAM YOU!!!!!!!!!

My school district has decided to move my small warehouse to a room besided my big warehouse, where I store all the palleted supplies, to give the small area to the wrestling team.

My superintendent told me I had to oversee the move and set up of the new area, which makes sense, it is my responsibility BUT IT HAS BEEN IN THE UPPER 80'S TO UPPER 90'S THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE BEEN IN THE WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know once I get back into my office it is going to drop to the 60's

Summer is one of our better seasons. After all I am in the Southern tip of the Rockies at ~7000ft. If it makes any difference the monsoons shut down last week and we were much warmer but still no where near you guys! :)

You win!

And to think, I'm in Seattle :)
It's gonna be perfect moving weather this weekend

Got the keys to the new house yesterday
Carpets cleaned today; new garage door soon

perfect.JPG

Just think of it this way,

You Southern folks are simply paying the price for being in the south. Let's revisit this thread in 6 months when it is in the low teens or 20s for weeks at a time up north while it is in the 70's and sunny down in Dixie.

:snw

Just think of it this way,

You Southern folks are simply paying the price for being in the south. Let's revisit this thread in 6 months when it is in the low teens or 20s for weeks at a time up north while it is in the 70's and sunny down in Dixie.

:snw

But that is our weather in the winter:slp

My Inlaws live in Plattsburg, MO. You are right as rain there Doug. You guys got the best of everything. Cold as Hello in Winter, Hotter than Hello in Summer plus its not even a DRY heat, its a nice and sticky heat! :<

My Inlaws live in Plattsburg, MO. You are right as rain there Doug. You guys got the best of everything. Cold as Hello in Winter, Hotter than Hello in Summer plus its not even a DRY heat, its a nice and sticky heat! :<

Yup, thats us. Nothing like 100* @ 90% humidity. Spring and Fall are pretty nice too:d

Just outside St. Louis, MO.

Have family in Michigan... its "Yoose guys" and "you betcha" :)

I won't even go into how you folks from "Jeaurzzy" talk LOL

Last edited:
Just outside St. Louis, MO.

Have family in Michigan... its "Yoose guys" and "you betcha" :)

I won't even go into how you folks from "Jeaurzzy" talk LOL

We all talk like Curley (from the three stooges). Its an accent that is more lilting than the softest of Irish Brouges.

No, really, they only take like that in Manhattan or in Jersey City. I (being 20 or so miles from the urban areas) do not have much of a Jersey accent and have been asked "are you sure you are from Jersey".

BTW, those ditzes on "Jersey Shore" are all from New York. They simply pollute are beaches.

Also, In case anybody is interested, here are a couple of "JERSEY" lessons...

1) State Bird - The middle finger

2) Left hand lane on the freeway - Just stay out of it and get off the damn cell phone

3) speed limit - How ever fast the cop you are tailgating is going.

4) Sloppy Joe - A triple deck deli sandwich consisting of meat (of choice) cold slaw, swiss cheese, and russian dressing.

5) Pizza - a dish that is only available in either NJ or NY. (I have no idea what they are doing in chicago).

6) NY - a place so bad that we had to use a barrier of water (the hudson river)

7) Gas - something you NEVER pump yourself. No kidding, in NJ it is illegal to pump your own gas. Gas is also cheaper in NJ than in Pa, NY, or Cn. Go figya.

8) The Statue of Liberty - a gal that is hanging out in the harbor, wearing a toga. Obviously she, like Snookie, is from NYC.

:) :) :)

All that heat back east is sucking in the marine influence for us. Yesterday's high was 74, overnight t'was 54. Daytime RH an the low 50% range. Even up in the north county/Paso Robles area it's unseasonably cool.

Back