Storing bottles in Phoenix heat.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGoodin

Reaction score
I live in the Phoenix metro area. Starting June we usually get temperatures of 106 degrees and it stays that temp, plus spikes up to 120 degrees occasionally.

We keep the thermostat at about 85 degrees. The wine is stored in a utility room that has no windows and seems to have good air conditioning flow. We do enter and exit via the utlity room to the garage.

Am I in for a big surprise, or will the wine go bad at these temperatures?

How about checking CL for the term "wine cooler" and picking up 1 or 2 used 50- or 60-bottle wine coolers cheap? I got a $900 stainless Vinotemp machine for $100, and have seen other brands here locally for as little as $25 for a 47-bottle unit. Usual price here is around $50 unless it is a Vinotemp.

Home Depot used to sell new coolers that hold around 50 bottles for $139. Don't know if they still do.

We have similar temp problems (mid- to high 90s for 6 months a year), and it's nice to know I have wine stashed in coolness no matter what.

UNDER EDIT: Did it for you - http://phoenix.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=18&subAreaID=&query=wine+cooler&catAbb=sss

UNDER EDIT AGAIN: The wine will age faster when at 85 degrees, so you'll have to drink it sooner.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back