The Great Blizzard of 08

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heck, we just got electric and internet after six days.....silly little ice storm (worst one i have endured).....actually had a tree come down on a ploy greenhouse and no damage, who would have believed that was possible...but seriously, i have never seen more tree damage on our land than from this storm

I can understand the damage from the ice Al. We were in the middle of the worst part of the 98 storm. Had an inch and a half of ice in that one and no power at home for 10 days. That was very surreal. National Guard Patroling some streets for weeks trying to get people to help. At least it wasn't that cold in 98. It only got to the low 20's. I abandoned home after 4 days when I almost didn't wake up from running propane gas heaters overnight to keep the pipes from freezing. After that I kept the burners going as I could, but stayed at relatives a couple miles away that got power back after a day or so. We still are losing trees that were weakened from that storm. Glad you are back now. Let's hope the rest of the year isn't as bad!

Got to a blistering 0°F yesterday....so nice we went to North Dakota shopping.

Today sunny and bright and a balmy +4°F... we did today's Road Trip to the South... -10°F when we got home....

This was suppose to be the nicest day of the week....snow and back to very frigid temps again for this weekend.....

This is well below our normal temperatures...it rarely gets this cold this early in the winter....January...this cold...Yes!!!

Glad we got some of our Road Trips done.

Well we are hunkering down for another 8 to 12 inches of white schuelded for tonight. So I'm making all the comfort food for a long weekend. Cheesy potatoe soup, a beef ragu for pasta, and some chocolate chip cookies. Good thing there is lots of wine in the house, we can stay in and snuggle up.

Our great blizzard in Spokane just ended. We have 30 inches of snow in the last 2 days. they even closed the malls today. Plowed my driveway of 20 inches this afternoon but doesn't matter because we can't go anywhere so I am having a glass of Lodi Ranch cabernet and kicking back.Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks again for all the help. Ron

We are suposed to get 1/2-3/4 inch of ICE tonight. They say we will have some serious power outages. The down side of living in a small town is the streets are usually not plowed for 2 or three weeks.

Hope you have a generator, we had an ice storm about 10 years ago and didn't have power in some areas for weeks and it was dam cold. very miserable.

Must be another weekend coming.....

Same old forecast here.....

Below Zero....
Heavy Snow....
Strong Winds...
Brutal Windchills...

Put plenty of firewood into the furnace room today....
Hunker down....
Eat...Drink and be Merry!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

They say we might get some good ice here possibly if the storm hits from the su=ide but Im all set as I have a big generator and have it all wired in to the house iwth an electrical box.

well as you can see we still have power. We got about 3 tenths of an inch of ice. The roads are like a skating rink here in town but county and state roads are being worked on. Hope they get cleared I have to furnish the wine for a Christmas party tonight.

Good to see you are still with us corn field. What kind of wine are you bringing to the party tonight? Any tomato or sweet corn?

Looking like we are going to miss out on this round of snow- only a few inches expected this far north. Of course it has snowed a bit almost constantly for the last two days that weren't predicted at all. The clouds just hung over us and it keeps flurrying. All they say about Sunday's storm is HEAVY SNOW - usually not a good sign..............hhhmmmmm...........

Appleman, Im in the middle of the storm that's comming your way. We've gotten 9 inches so far with thundershowers and more snow expected today. I couldn't get my car out of the driveway to go to work, so its a snow day for me. Maybe I'll bottle some wine this afternoon.
smiley1.gif

rgecaprock said:
High of 75/ low 60 degrees. It's just not right at Christmas time.</font>

asun1.gif
Ramona</font>

We got our snow last week Ramona........ If you want to call it snow
smiley36.gif

Our local weatherman went out on a limb-which they rarely do - this morning and guaranteed we will have a white Christmas this year.
smiley36.gif

appleman said:
Our local weatherman went out on a limb-which they rarely do - this morning and guaranteed we will have a white Christmas this year.
smiley36.gif

I want to be a weatherman.... Its the only job you can be wrong the majority of the time and not get fired..... When they say there is a 50% chance of rain, does it mean your guess is as good as theirs????

the wine list for the party tonight;

Concord ,Hibiscus, Jalapeno, Citrus coffee, Orange Chocolate port, Mint, Chocolate Strawberry &amp; Tomato.

Latest posts

Back