The best part of this is IT'S TRUE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
A friend of mine up North installs floors for a living and is so good at it, he has his own company and crew and they travel all over the country doing it. He sent me the following on Friday:

Got a new kid on the crew and he doesn't get my humor. We had a half day today. I have some people over for the fight tonight. I asked him if he wanted to come over for the party tonight. He says, sure what's going on. I said, some drinking, dancing, fighting, and sex. He says, wow, awesome. Is there going to be a lot of people there. I said no just you and me. He turned white, and the next thing I know he's gone and won't return my calls.

:)

I love it, how he used an old joke in a new way! But wait, not done yet! Naturally, I asked him a couple questions. His next email:

His dad is a buddy of mine. I called him this morning and told him what happened. He almost dropped the phone he was laughing so hard. The kid (kid he's 20) called after his dad called him. I told him I wasn't mad or upset that he left. When I asked him why he took me seriously? He said well you said it straight faced, and your French. You Frenchmen do anything! I said ok, that's a new one to me. But if our crew or someone on the job ever seriously propositions you I want to know about it. Us fooling around is one thing, but I won't tolerate harassment. If this line of joking bothers you I will speak to the guys. It'll never happen again. But that works both ways. See you Monday.

:)

See? I come by it honest!!!! :D

Last edited:
That's great! It reminds me of a story my dad tells… in the 60's or 70's the government required employees to room together on business trips to save taxpayers' money. Two of his coworkers went on a business trip and roomed together. The first night one guy snored really loudly all night and kept the other guy awake. The second night, the guy who was kept awake waited until the other guy was in bed, then walked over to him, kissed him (a peck, I hope) and said, "g'night, love you." He then got a perfect night's sleep with not one minute of snoring from his roommate. :)

That's great! It reminds me of a story my dad tells… in the 60's or 70's the government required employees to room together on business trips to save taxpayers' money. Two of his coworkers went on a business trip and roomed together. The first night one guy snored really loudly all night and kept the other guy awake. The second night, the guy who was kept awake waited until the other guy was in bed, then walked over to him, kissed him (a peck, I hope) and said, "g'night, love you." He then got a perfect night's sleep with not one minute of snoring from his roommate. :)

Seen that done more that once. The look on the receiving party is priceless

Rotten Brother

Like this thread JS!!! I think many of us might have "True but very funny" stories...

I was a rotten younger brother. I was the kind of brother that always liked to cause trouble.

I remember one day, I was running across our front lawn. I was not really looking where I was going and ended up bumping into my brother. Just before impact, my brother yawned and stretched extending both arms. In short, I ran into my brother's outstretched fist.

Without missing a beat, I fell to the ground and started bawling REALLY LOUD.

My Father came running up asking "What the Hell happened here (yes parents could swear in those days).

Quickly, I shouted, "Billy punched me!!!". My father turned to my brother and asked "is that true?".

Still with a "what happened?" expression on his face, my brother said.. "No, he just ran into my fist"..

I really did feel guilty over what happened next.

Last edited:
Back