Thanks Wade!!!!!!............

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
You suggested that I look on EBay for a new Carillon Spire Tree topper to replace the one that we lost a few years ago.

I took your suggestion and looked and looked and looked.

Now I need your help..................

Which one do I keep...................

20070202_195336_spires1.jpg

20070202_195431_spire2.jpg

I had no idea before I saw these on EBay, that their were ones out there that were electrified. Every year, on the top of our tree, I would take a bulb and stick it in the angel hair area from the back so it would light up and you couldn't see the wire.

My wife thinks I'm done buying these now.........................

I don't think I am, I think I'm going to collect them. These are from the 50's and 60's. The original price tags on them range from $0.74 from Miller's Hardware, to $0.88 from 311 Toys, now they average anywhere from $15 to $40 on EBay. So if I can buy the cheap ones, hold them for a few years and put them back on EBay for $50 each................. Ya never know.

Thanks for the suggestion.Edited by: jobe05

Im glad you found some that you liked jobe. I was the one who actually
discovered and posted about them and someone backed me up right after.
I have never looked for something on ebay and not been successful in
finding it. Basically anything you can imagine can be found on there
even stuff that really should not be for sale!
smiley11.gif
Glad
to help as I know sometimes I will be looking for something everywhere
and my wife will say look on ebay and Ill say, why the $%^& didnt I
think of that.

Your right Wade, Sorry about that. I made the correction, and a big thanks to you for helping me find these again. My wife isn't thrilled I'm now collecting one more thing.............. Oh well, a mans got to have a hobby............... or two..........

Nice finds Jobe. The gold one is just like the one I have used since before we were married. We got ours in themid 70's and cost a dollar or two-don't remember for sure. I too have just stuck a light in the hole in the angel hair, but the big bulbed ones worked better from years ago. Nothing wrong with the habit!

Those look really nice. My wife controls the Christmas settings in the
house. I grew up with the big lights like you use. My wife likes the
little white ones, all white lights. Boring if you ask me but I have to
give her control of at least a few things ya know! Just not the
remote!
smiley36.gif

Control of the lights, $100.00

Control of the remote....................................aint happen'n
smiley36.gif

For years we each have a remote....since then I no longer have to pry it from his sleeping hands..
smiley2.gif

WELL..............................

It's been a year since I ran around the house tearing it apart looking for my Carillon Spire tree topper, for the third year in a row.......... I was pretty upset not to be able to find it............ I couldn't believe it could be gone.

I have purchased 7 other ones on Ebay over the past 11 month since Appleman and Wade pointed me to them............. but they wern't the same....... I think I was buying them till it felt like the old one did, and they didn't.............

Today I was down in the basement where I have the 7 new ones from Ebay. I moved them off a box so that I could look inside...........

Low and Behold THERE WAS MY CARILLON SPIRE, RIGHT THERE ON TOP!!!!!!! MINE! MY OLD ONE!

For Sale: 7 Carillon Spires, 1950's to 1960's vintages....... never used by me.......... only by others!

I'm glad you found the real one!! Isn't that that the best feeling???

I told you to look in that box before buying any!!!
smiley36.gif
Well lets see it dammit!
Edited by: wade

I don't have the camera out right now, but I will tomorrow. I will get all the purchased ones together also..............

I can't believe it was right there on the top of this big box.

The contents of the box by the way was the lighted tree branch type plastic garland that goes outside on the porch railing. But because I was down about losing my Spire, I never put it up............ LOL...... Just kidding................... I was just to lazy.........

Alright now Jobe, enough laziness. I want you out there decorating that house enough to make The Tool Man proud. Just try to generate enough green power to offset the extra electrical usage.

Glad you found the original. Keep theothers and put them on their own tree tops outside or something!

appleman said:
Alright now Jobe, enough laziness. I want you out there decorating that house enough to make The Tool Man proud. Just try to generate enough green power to offset the extra electrical usage.

Glad you found the original. Keep theothers and put them on their own tree tops outside or something!

I'm trying to get in the spirit, but I really don't want to till after Thanksgiving, which is my most favorite Holiday of all (well..... except my birthday
smiley4.gif
)

But we are planning on decorating on Friday, right after Thanksgiving while my sister is here. We are going to the mountains and cutting down our tree, I have 2 of those yard blow up thingy's and that why I was getting the Garland out for the front porch.

We haven't even started Xmas shopping yet......... Probably should do that next..........

Geee...Isn't it great to find a lost item...that always make you feel good....As well as finding all that other misplaced stuff while your looking. Looking forward to seeing the original and the replacements.

Guess it is time to think about Christmas decorations.....Think I'll surprise my Honey and light them up the day after Thanksgiving...maybe the outside lights will be on a timer for Thanksgiving night.

Thanksgiving is at our house for the dysfunctional neighbors...now they have invitedtheir extended families.....This is going to be fun!

I HATE losing things.
smiley7.gif
If they're gone, they're gone, but tell me where it went! Some of my happiest moments are when I find things that I've lost. Right now I'm not missing anything, which is a rare happening in my life.
Jobe, pass around the ebayed tree toppers to family and friends. Write up and print out the whole story and give them as gifts with meaning.

Ok.... Looking for all the ones that I have purchased this past year, and here they all are except for the silver one with Blue bells, Now I can't find that one, no attachment to it though so I don't care:

Here are the 6 I did find:
20071118_091451_100_2748_resize.JPG

Here is my old one. Now maybe you understand my attachment to it:

20071118_091625_100_2749_resize.JPG

See, what did I tell ya............... I knew you would see why.

These are most like the one that I have, but just not quit the same...

20071118_091811_100_2750_resize.JPG

These 2 light up, which mine does to, kinda, I just tuck one of the bulbs in the back of mine which lights it up.

I took Applemans suggestion, which I though was a very good idea of sharing with the family, I have 5 brothers and sisters (1 bro, 4 sis). so I am giving these to family members who want one. My sister who is here with me for the week is taking the gold one:

20071118_092216_100_2752_resize.JPG

Latest posts

Back