Strawberry recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdean911

Junior
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me step by step recipe for blueberry wine to make a gallon, I am a beginner and need some help

4 lb. blueberries
1 lb. raisins
2 lb. granulated sugar
½ tsp. pectic enzyme
1½ tsp. acid blend
½ tsp. yeast energizer
water to 1 gallon
crushed Campden tablet
wine yeast

Bring water to boil, then set aside. Wash and crush blueberries and put in primary fermentation vessel with all ingredients except yeast. Add hot water and stir to dissolve sugar. Cover well and allow to cool to 70-75 degrees F., then add yeast. Stir daily for 5-6 days or until specific gravity is 1.040. Strain out fruit pulp and press. Siphon into secondary fermentation vessel and fit fermentation trap. Rack in three weeks and again in three months. When wine is clear and stable, rack again and bottle. Allow a year to mature. Improves with age. [
from jack kellars web site, but increased the blueberries....

Pick up a hydrometer (or two) while at the brew store. That way you can get the specific gravity which can tell you about how much alcohol you are going to wind up with, how the ferment is coming along, and when the ferment is done. The reason for two is they are pretty fragile and tend to have a breakage problem. Arne.

If it's 1.040 is it ok to drink for it to be sweet

No. It's best to let wine ferment to dry, then back sweeten. But you have made one smart move. You have asked for advise before jumping in with both feet.
The advise I would like to offer you now is to go to the home page of this forum and ready through all of the tutorials you will find there. Read as much as you can then ask questions based on the knowledge you have gained.
There are many members of this forum who will be more than happy to answer any questions you ask and probably hand out more advise than you will know what to do with to start. But keep asking till you understand the answers.
Welcome to WMT and good luck making wine.

LOUMIK:b

Latest posts

Back