So how is everybody's Winter starting out?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its been pretty cold here but supposed to warm up to 50* tomorrow and rain about 2".

Mosty windy and cooler here . Had a lot of rain forecast for yesterday but it never hapened. I spent most of the day muulching leaves in my yard and I think last al my neighbors leaves blew over into my yard. Can I charge him for mulching his leaves?
smiley36.gif

Who ever stole my Florida weather please return it ASAP. And just when I thought it couldn't get any colder and it's not even winter yet.!!!! We dropped to 29 the past couple of mornings and yesterday the high was 46 not factoring in the wind chill.
Not typical Florida weather!

If you prefer, many of us would gladly trade our weather for yours. Mine is close to zero with 6 inches of snow yesterday and a high of ten. More snow is expected later today.

I do hope you warm up soon though..........

appleman said:
If you prefer, many of us would gladly trade our weather for yours. Mine is close to zero with 6 inches of snow yesterday and a high of ten. More snow is expected later today.

I do hope you warm up soon though..........

Ummmm, no thanks, I have never lived in snow and don't plan on starting any time soon!!! We have a warm up expected started tomorrow, just long enough to uncover the plants for a couple of days and then sounds like we'll be recovering them again.
The cold is just a matter of perspective. For us its cold when the temps hit below 70 and down right uncomfortable when its below 60. Tis a good thing I'm a Floridian, I can adapt to the summer heat and humidity, but this cold just plain hurts!

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Hehehehehe........

I think the Southwest stole it! It was an incredibly warm 33 this AM at the house. Usually we are in the 12-18 degree range for lows this time of year.

They say we have a front coming in later tonight that will bring a lot of wind and a "chance" of precip. I will believe it when I see it. The windows are open in my office its so warm!

I saw the reports on the weather in FL last night on the evening news. Lots of people want their $$$$ back. They paid for a warm FL vacation at Wally World and all they got was blistering cold and wind..........
smiley11.gif

ibglowin said:
I saw the reports on the weather in FL last night on the evening news. Lots of people want their $$$$ back. They paid for a warm FL vacation at Wally World and all they got was blistering cold and wind..........
smiley11.gif

A friend of mine working there was said temps were 25 - 28 over the property with wind chills in the low to mid teens. Not a fun few nights to work or play outside.
The day has been better since the sun finally decided to show itself.

Yeh, same here in Costa Rica. We are just ending our winter(read rainy season) and entering summer(read dry season.) Throwing everything off before the trade winds hit us next month is a low depression that is hitting us and has driven temps at night down to low 60's and high 50's. Read and weep.

Freeze, warm, freeze, warm. I have covered my citrus and uncovered them again twice already. Wish it would either stay cold for a while. Started my last batch of wine a few days ago and it was so cold I had a time getting fermentation started. Tomorrow it will be near 80 degrees and was 26 Monday night.

Finally!

It started snowing this AM and has been snowing most of the day. It was so warm that most of it melted all day long but the last few hours the temps have dropped sharply and its accumulating nicely.

Now its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
smiley1.gif

20101216_191752_photo.jpg

Send some this way. I always like the first 10 storms, then it gets old!

Snow day for us! We got 6-8" last night here at the house with more in the higher elevations and it's still snowing lightly at the moment.

Looks like that Snow Blower will get broken in after all!
smiley20.gif

Finally warming up here so enjoy the snow blower and please keep that cold away. I love when its 70-80 outside for Christmas.

Happy to report the new Snow Blower worked like a champ! I felt like "Tim the Toolman" out there!

Bwa ah ah ah ah ah..........

Took me 25min to do what would have taken me 1+ hours by hand. As "W" would say....... "bring it on!".........
smiley20.gif

It's always fun to play with new toys.....Hope you don't need to use it too much...

Latest posts

Back