So how is everybody's Winter starting out?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably not too good for you folks in NY/Buffalo area. Saw all the lake effects snow last week......
smiley6.gif

We continue to be unseasonably warm and dry. A very typical "La Nina" year so far.

This is good for my new vines I suppose. Our coldest morning low to date has been 5 degrees. Most of this week its been 18 for the low.This AM was a balmy 28. Our highs lately have been in the low to mid 50's all this week. Unseasonably warm for us this time of year by 10-12 degrees.

Forecast is for continued warm and dry through mid next week at least. Thats as far as the prognosticators can see I suppose.

I have been turning on the drip system for the vines about every 2 weeks for an hour to keep the roots from drying out too much. Even watering the yard with the underground sprinkler system which is usually frozen solid by now on the zones that are in shade all day.

My new snow blower is still all shiny and new waiting for the first big one of the year!

Chilly here too, no snow yet (knock on wood). Cover on the bike and tender hooked up so nothing to do but make and drink wine!!

The weather has been fairly decent here. No snow so far. Days are in the upper 20's to mid 30's and we have only had one night so far that has dropped into the single digits.

Mike you know that after purchasing a snow blower there will be no big snow for a couple of years

BOB

Oh yea, I figured on that!

Will get some probably after the new year for sure. Then we usually get some pretty good Spring storms that roll though as well.

It stinks here. Had 55" of snow in the last week. The weather channel guy spent two days reporting from here. I took a ride out to the grape country this morning and was surpised to see they are already trimming their grape vines.

So far we are just cold here. It has been getting worse and worse. That last week the highs have dropped from the 50's to a high yesterday of 8. The lows have gone from 20's to one degree the last two days, and Scott- you just be quiet!
smiley36.gif

Rich,
I looked up your town on my map. WOW - if you move about 1/2 an inch to the North you would be in Canada!!!! No woulder it is cold up there! You need to start making ICE Wine!
smiley36.gif

Just cold here in NJ. What happened to Global Warming?

Dark and cold. Colder than normal.

I go to work in the dark, I come home in the dark.

About a foot of snow on the ground with temps. in the teens this week...planning to go Deer Hunting [muzzle-loader] tomorrow...forecast is for a high of O* and windchill of -30*.....maybe I should just stay home..lol

I think it would be better to sit in front of your fireplace with a glass (orTWO) of wine!

Maybe you can go help Wade with some trapping lessons, although he did get to cagey creatures caged after a while. Good luck with the hunting though.

I guess I shouldn't complain about our temps. Highs have been in the low 60s and lows near freezing in my area with overcast skies. I read somewhere we are having one of the coldest Decembers on record (in this area). I'm ready for summer!

We have typical Northern Wisconsin weather. Highs in the teens and lows around zero or minus! Forecast is for 12 to 18 inches of snow today. Good day to stay inside and make (or drink) wine!! Really windy out now.

The weather is taking a break today and from the big storm but we have whats suppose to be an even bigger one coming in Sunday night. Usually when they give us enough warning the storm goes out to the lake and comes back in and hits Bufffalo. Its when they don't warn us we get dumped on big time.

We have about a foot of snow so far! It is letting up a little but the wind is howling. Temp is going to go well below zero tomorrow. We are sending it your way, Dan!!!!!!

3 Richard! Goo luck Bert with the hunting. Maybe I can just catch it for ya and send you some backstrap!

We just got 20" of snow today turning cold tonight 15 to 30 mph and 10
below zero by morning.

And it's not even winter yet

Latest posts

Back