Sink set ups? What you got?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call a plumber (just kidding)

Usually you need a sump basin that will collect the drained water, then pump it up to you septic line.

Runningwolf said:
I have this exact box and pump in my basement. I got it at home depot.

So which one is that? The cheapest pump alone I can find is about $235 which would make a $200 sink a $500+ setup

Doing more with less?

YOUR SET UP SHOULD BE BALANCED AROUND YOUR WINE MAKING VOLUME AND PERSPECTIVE WINE MAKING.

I HAVE A SINGLE DEEP PLASTIC SINK,WITH A GOOSES HEAD COMBO SPRAY AND STANDARD ,ON THE LEFT SIDE( FOR STRICTLY HOT WATER AND POWER WASHING,WHICH i CAN CHANGE TO MY 5 FOOT HOSE FOR FILL BUCKETS OR WASHING LARGER ITEMS. A 5 FOOT STAINLESS STEEL TABLE WINE BOTTOM SHELF,ON THE RIGHT SIDE A 30 INCH SQUIRE STAINLESS STEEL ROLLING TABLE, BOTH ARE SLITELY TALLER THAN THE SINK, DISHWASHER FOR BOTTLES ,A STAINLESS STEEL ROLLING TABLE ,FOR MOVING THINKS AND PERFECT FOR MOVING MY PUMPS AND ACCESSORIES AROUND , ,
THESE ARE THE ITEMS THAT SERVICE ME THE MOST AND SAVE TIME AND WORK,.:wy

So which one is that? The cheapest pump alone I can find is about $235 which would make a $200 sink a $500+ setup

Unfortunately that sounds about right, I was a little shocked at the price too, but I had already bought the $200 sink online, so was at the point of no return by then! My father in law installed it for me. It is definitely worth every penny though, no more running up and down stairs every time I need to rinse something off or need some water.

I bought this set up for my basment at Lowes and the pump was less than $150.00 if I remember right. It was a 3/4 horse sewage pump I think. It works wonderfully. The check valve still alarms me from time to time.

Thats the one I have. I considered it a cheap date for the rewards I've got back from it. There is no getting around the $235 but you can chose the sink you get. I got a deep laundry tray for less than $75 and a typical laundry tray faucet for it. All for under $100. I would love to have the SS deep double sink that a few others have but I do not.

So why is this $235 a cheap date? Look at the value you're adding to your house. Think of all the other uses for that sink also like cleaning up after painting and just the fact of having water in the basement now.

The downside is, I have no way of venting mine to the outdoors so it is just vented to the open air in the basement. I do get a fowl oder from it when running water once in a while. A small price to pay.

Well I may have gotten a little lucky and found a 1/4 hp laundry/utility pump for $20 on Craigslist. An hour drive but I think worth the savings. I just wish I didn't have two 180 degree turns deal with as I'd love a nice 6'-8' commercial unit.

Last edited:
The downside is, I have no way of venting mine to the outdoors so it is just vented to the open air in the basement. I do get a fowl oder from it when running water once in a while. A small price to pay.

Did you install an auto-vent on it?

Might sound like a dumb question but what is the proper name, if any, for this overheard sprayer. I definitely want to get one.
IMG_3924_1_1-001.jpg

After seeing Rod's sink again, I had to post about the "smallest SS sink for a winery" that I use. I have a SMALL SS wet bar sink, I did spend time to find one that a 5/6 gal. carboy would fit in standing up, [not much space left]. The sink is set in a pine cabinet "L" shaped with a granite tile top. It's a beautiful wet bar set up & works as my wine making area. Hope to have a Rodo style sink when I move my wine making operation to Florida. Roy

I'm getting inspired to update my sink, here! I've got a double stainless steel sink in the basement bathroom, just off the winery---thank goodness! It's very convenient, but a bit too small for my use. If I tear out part of the wall, and rip out the old vanity, I can put in one of those double plastic utility sinks with a sprayer and such...

Johnna! Get me my sledge hammer! ::

I'm getting inspired to update my sink, here! I've got a double stainless steel sink in the basement bathroom, just off the winery---thank goodness! It's very convenient, but a bit too small for my use. If I tear out part of the wall, and rip out the old vanity, I can put in one of those double plastic utility sinks with a sprayer and such...

Johnna! Get me my sledge hammer! ::

Dave, kick it up a notch. Put in foot controlled faucets like in the hospitals.

Latest posts

Back