Sink set ups? What you got?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadpupp

Reaction score
So I am still fitting out my workshop into a wine making lab.

I have been looking at a plastic utility sink either single size or double.

What do you all have for sinks and what do you wish you could have? What type of faucets or threaded fittings for attachments do you recommend?

I am considering two small utility sinks side by side in order to have two faucets with various sprayers and fittings. One downside to the larger double sink is that it is only set up with one faucet.

Post up some pictures and comments please! I really want to do this right!

I have a single plastic utility sink.

I wish it was a triple stainless.

It will likely end up being a double stainless, or anything as long as it's at least a double.

What I need more of is counter space ....

I have a deep single utility sink. What I really wish I had was a deep double stainless sink with a long counter that drained into it. They can be had at most used restaurant places but they're expensive. Next a large commercial faucet for it and a separate faucet with a bottle rinser permanently attached to it. Thats my ideal dream sink.

I have a double utility sink in the basement with 1 spigot. I can soak bottles in one side and sill have the other available for use. I did think about connecting 2 T's in the lines and running a couple shutoffs to a hose connections so that I can utilize my carboy wand as well as the spigot but haven't gotten that far. I really need to go a good cleaning this summer in the cellar and get rid of some junk.

I have a canning sink. Left sink is larger and deeper, right sink is normal sink size.. Allows us to rack from the counter top to the lower sink on the left with ease.

This one works well for me :D.

IMG_3924_1_1-001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3924_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3924_1_1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 330
I have a deep plastic sink (laundry sink) It works well. I will suggest that you ensure that the tap is high enough to get carboys under. I ended up mounting my taps on the wall so I could get the carboy under it. A flexible tap I think would be better.

I have a single plastic laundry sink and it is OK, but the best setup would be a double at minimum and ideally a janitors floor sink next to that for carboys.

I have a single plastic sink with our old "goose neck" pull out faucet from our kitchen. It is okay but I wish I had at least a two bowl sink and a three bowl would be even better. Rodo's got the BEANS! Love that set up.

Last edited:
Rodo, What type of wood floor is that? It looks great! I have been thinking of doing a wood floor in my new winery, with a SS sink, but worry about ALL the water getting on the wood floor. [I can be messy] So is it laminate, real wood, combo? would you do it again? Thanks, Roy

Rodo, What type of wood floor is that? It looks great! I have been thinking
of doing a wood floor in my new winery, with a SS sink, but worry about ALL the
water getting on the wood floor. [I can be messy] So is it laminate, real wood,
combo? would you do it again? Thanks, Roy

It's a 7MM laminate from Lowes made by Swiftlock (I still have an extra box). We have had some accidents, but get them cleaned up right away. It is holding up well and at this point in time, yes I would use it again.

This is a great thread, just what I have been looking for. I am interested to know what needs to be done if the water needs to be pumped UP to a drain. I want to put a double in my basement, and possibly branch off the laundry hookups for the water and draining (i think I can probably handle the install myself), but wondering if I need some kind of up pump or similar to get the water drained. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back