shrink caps

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To shrink caps, I don't have a stove in the basement, I break out the camp stove and boil water about 4 inches deep in a sauce pan. I shink before putting on the labels.

Someday I'll catch up to you guys!!
smiley23.gif

The electric Thermocapsuler is what I use and would be lost without it. My back gets fatigued fast when trying any other method and I better results with the big toy also. I do find that the LD Carlson Matte finish capsules work the best with this though!

Wade, when you say the LD Carlson Matte finish "work the best," can you tell us in what context, i.e. a neater job, faster, smoother? I might have to ask for this for an un-Birthday present. Thanks.

That so does not stand out. Absolutely looked all over that page yesterday and its hiding in plain sight kinda like OBL!

appleman said:
Mike see this...

20110615_201619_FVW_Small.JPG

See under the FVW logo upper left where it says search - it is clickable!

Pretty sure he means the finish on the shrink caps. LD Carlson makes all the shrink caps. The Matte finished ones look the smoothest (no wrinkles) when applied. The Glossy ones seem to always wrinkle up when shrunk. The Gold ones are the absolute worst.

Rocky said:
Wade, when you say the LD Carlson Matte finish "work the best," can you tell us in what context, i.e. a neater job, faster, smoother? I might have to ask for this for an un-Birthday present. Thanks.

Bummer, Mike. I just bought a supply of gold caps for my white wines. Fortunately, not a huge investment.

BTW, I stillcan't believethat the "Search" function was there originally. I don't think I would have missed it.

I don't think its in a very noticeable spot thats for sure. Seems to just blend in with the color of the main header up top. To me it really shuold be located to the right in WHITE as well as somewhere down on the left side bar navigation again, in WHITE!
smiley36.gif

Yes those shrinks just seem to come out perfect unlike those more vinyl looking ones that seem to wrinkle or come out uneven across the bottle.

runningwolf said:
Mark just curious, do you really think that is easier than a heat gun?

No, it's definitely not easier, otherwise I wouldn't need to catch up to the rest of you guys using heat guns!!!

Back