Send me concord wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would actually love to get togather with some people and drink some and share some homemade wine. No clue if it would be legal or not, but I will suggest having a winemakers get-togather at my local shop.

That's the thing grape.. Even before it's done fermenting they love the way it tastes.. I like it as well.. But I want to know by others as well

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I would actually love to get togather with some people and drink some and share some homemade wine. No clue if it would be legal or not, but I will suggest having a winemakers get-togather at my local shop.

That would be awesome!! I wish I knew of more wine makers in my area. Lot of folks up in Ohio tho

Speedy monkey,

Maybe you should try doing an inexpensive kit wine to get a feel for all the steps to make wine properly. I'm assuming you haven't but I could be wrong. Also I always taste samples of my must and typically I don't think they taste that good. At first they are sweet but have a very low alcohol The finished product is much better.

Is that bottle taste like a homemade? I don't want to try one that's to commercial if that makes sense.. I just want a bottle to compare to my kind, which commercial wine and my wine are very doubtful going to taste alike lol. And yes I will be locking that door :p out of 15 gallons I have made I think only 1 gallon has ever completely stoped fermenting.. All the rest we drank before they were even in the second racking! Which they were all 9-12% still fermenting and tasted very good :) so I would figure and hope when it's ready to bottle it would taste amazing..

I find that my Welch's concord tastes almost Identical to Manischewitz if it's back sweetened similarly. One batch to the point I actually made a parody Manischewitz label for it.

momma Shares It label.jpg

Well like I said I've never been a big fan of wine until I started a couple months ago.. But I will defently buy cheap wine, average wine, and expensive wine to taste the difference.. My mom buys box wine which is pretty good.. I don't know the name so don't ask lol. I would figure it would be legal to drink homemade wine with people around your area as long as you are the legal limit and make so much wine as your state allows lol.. Thank you all very much!:)

I find that my Welch's concord tastes almost Identical to Manischewitz if it's back sweetened similarly. One batch to the point I actually made a parody Manischewitz label for it.

I will defiantly try manischewitz concord! I am glad you said posted that.. I heard some homemade wines are bad, some are as good as commercial wine, and some are even better..

Oh and my local brew store which is the only one near by.. Him and his wife make wine and grow plants, it's a place called grow fresh which has plants and brew items. Today she said she made a peach wine and she likes hers not to sweet but not to dry which I am the same way!! So I have to talk to her about trying a bottle of theirs..

where at in Ohio are you? Got to get busy on my Oktoberfest- still obtaining the needed equipment

That would be awesome!! I wish I knew of more wine makers in my area. Lot of folks up in Ohio tho

Map Quest says I'm 3 hours from you, Gina. Cincinnati would be a half-way point. I know we have a few other wine makers from around there. Maybe we could organize a meet-up in that area.

I mean, even if there were just a few of us, we'd still have a blast, I'm sure.

:dg

Could you all move Ohio down around Nebraska? :)

That would be awesome to get together with others that make wine and do a "tasting".

If you want to try others homemade wine you should ask at the store where you get your supplies if there are any groups around. I live in central Pa and I just found the Susquehanna wine guild. Its a bunch of people who make their own wine and get together with a bottle of what they made for everyone to try. They also sponsor wine walks and competitions. The best part is that even though I've just joined, a couple people are going to give me some if their grapes they grow to make my own wine out of. Groups like that are pretty cool.

Map Quest says I'm 3 hours from you, Gina. Cincinnati would be a half-way point. I know we have a few other wine makers from around there. Maybe we could organize a meet-up in that area.

I mean, even if there were just a few of us, we'd still have a blast, I'm sure.

:dg

As far as I know PatrickShiflet is the closest forum member to ma at about 30 miles. I met a fellow off Cragislist who lives in Lexington KY who I suggested to look on the forums here, not sure if he's officially joined yet. One of my hubby's cousins makes wine, he gave us one for Christmas that made me actually GAG! His brother's homemade apple pie moonshine, on the other hand was WAY TOO GOOD!

Obviously we have several local people who make wine because I seem to always miss out on Craigslist deals and I've meet a lot of people at the LHBS when I'm there. Many a friendly conversation have been struck in that sacred aisle of the liquor store.

I know there are several Ohio folks here which is awesome. We go to Cincy every few months. In fact we're doing a wedding up there in June. I could be up to a Cincy meetup.

Well I love in Arkansas so hopefully someone els says hey!!:)

Back