Send me concord wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a wine trades thread in another section of the forum. Maybe you could swap concord wines with someone to compare.

Well here's the thing, I only have 2 gallons left of concord fermenting right now and it's only been fermenting for like 2 days.. And I doubt anyone will want to "trade" if I don't have anything to trade back with right now lol. That's why I said if someone will send it to me as a "gift" and I can send a bottle when mines ready..

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I have had like 15 gallons total I have made of concord and other stuff but I have yet to bottle any because my friends, and family drink it as fast as it is ready lol. But from now on I am just going to bottle until it is done aging next time!

Concord is a fairly common wine that is sold very cheaply, can you not buy it in a store? To be honest, you really haven't been on the site long and I am really not seeing anyone sending you a bottle of wine. Sorry.

Yeah I don't either, but it doesn't hurt to try.. I love making wine it is very interesting. But I would rather have "homemade" wine than commercial wine to try out..

Concord is a fairly common wine that is sold very cheaply, can you not buy it in a store? To be honest, you really haven't been on the site long and I am really not seeing anyone sending you a bottle of wine. Sorry.

I agree with Julie. You gotta earn it. Be patient and once you have a trade, someone will probably be willing.

Okay thank you guys very much, I have a spare bedroom and I am about to make that whole room my wine room, but it's carpet so what do y'all think I should put down? I know they make like clear plastic stud to put down on carpet for painting

My wine room is also a bedroom. I use a blue paint drop cloth from Lowes that is about $8. It should cover a standard bedroom. I like it because it has an absorbent paper towel-like top side and plastic on the bottom. Works great for spills.
Get some wine going and try to keep the family locked out of the room for a while. At least till you can bottle it. lol

Try Manischewitz concord wine. ImageUploadedByWine Making1398193994.472815.jpg

Is that bottle taste like a homemade? I don't want to try one that's to commercial if that makes sense.. I just want a bottle to compare to my kind, which commercial wine and my wine are very doubtful going to taste alike lol. And yes I will be locking that door :p out of 15 gallons I have made I think only 1 gallon has ever completely stoped fermenting.. All the rest we drank before they were even in the second racking! Which they were all 9-12% still fermenting and tasted very good :) so I would figure and hope when it's ready to bottle it would taste amazing..

the commercial will give you a starting point. You talk about wanting to make good wine but then say how you and your friends are drinking it before it is done fermenting so I apologize right now but how old are you?

I have to add that even if someone was to send you a "finished" bottle of concord, whether it be from concord grapes or Welchs concord concentrate, it is not going to be much different to compare to than the Manischewitz. If your wine isn't being allowed to finish fermenting, backsweetened, etc. then you are really comparing "apples to oranges".
You are going to be comparing finished wine to unfinished wine.

Alright thank you, when it's not finished I still add sugar to what I like it to taste like. But I will defently go get that concord wine later after work! Thank you guys.. Sorry I am new at wine making and it's just exciting to me that I created a wine that I like.. I never was a big wine fan at all. Whiskey and beer was my thing now I love wine!

Also, updating your location might help. There may be someone who lives close and would be willing to let you try some of their wine. To many legal issues with sending a bottle of wine to someone you don't know.

Yeah I'll do that, I have a question guys, I make 1 gallon batches. I bought bentonite today it's 1 lb it says at 4tsp and 1 1/3 warm ups water for every 5 gallons. I don't make 5 gallons so I did 1/2 cup warm water and 1tsp of bentonite and it's siting right now. It looks like a fine kitty litter, in 24 hours do I as the whole 1/2 cup ? Or how much?

I am looking to buy a new Microscope and this seems to be the appropriate thread to post this. There are about 17,500 members here. If only 1,600 would just send me $1.00 I'll be able to purchase one of my choice. I could not possibly repay you right now but after I make my first million I think I could if you send a SASE. My wife and family spends my money as fast as I make it. I do have a coin jar hidden that I put all the coins in that I find in couch cushions and the washing machine.

Lol! >.*^ I like that.. I know I just have never tried someone else's homemade wine /:

Latest posts

Back