Secondary Fermentation Bubbles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark500

Reaction score
I am a newbie using akit.

Primary fermentation went OK I think, even though I used an airlock on the bucket.The SG after primary fermentation decreased to the target level in the kit directions.

During the first day or two ofsecondary fermentation, lots tiny of CO2bubbles were visiblein the carboy from fermentation. Now, on the third day, I don't see any.Temperature is at 70 degrees.Is this normal?

Winexpert Selection Merlot. But my wife likes sweeter wine. Perhaps Cellar Craft Washington Reserve Late Harvest Reisling next?

Welcome Mark! Fermentation sounds about right. Lots of foamy bubbles that go away.Then, if you look real close, lots of tiny fizzing bubbles. Sometimes, its like there aren't any. However, look closely, they are there.
smiley1.gif

Ah, you're right. The bubbles are there. Tiny bubbles. It's kind of dark in the room where the carboy is.

Welcome Mark,
Let your wife have a chance at that kit. It is sweeter than a commercial merlot. Ours is 20 months and is drinkable now but as I say sweeter than a commercial

Mark, Welcome tothe forum and wine making!

What's the specific gravity these days? Try to measure with your hydrometer once a day during your primary fermentation, keep notes too!With the kits rack it into the secondary only after it is at the kit's notedspecific gravity instead of relaying onethe number of days as sometimes the fermentation goes faster or slower than the direction state.

Are you doing the primary in a carboy with airlock?

I am going to check the SG after 10 days of secondary fermentation, perthe directions. If it is stable, I am supposed tode-gasand add extras.Primary ferment was inthe bucket. It's in a carboy now.

Latest posts

Back