Running Low!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was visiting my little friends this morning, when I noticed a hairline crack starting on the neck of a gallon of cherry I have been bulk aging since January, so off to bottle land it went...
20070414_082223_cherryprize_Sma.jpg

Turned out there was just enough for 5 bottles, and a small sample. I didn't plan on bothering with a label, but one taste and I figured it deserved one! Very smooth, cherry flavor already coming to the front very nicely! These wont last, thats for sure!Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

JW, those look really nice including the labels and yea that mead is a strange color! Kinda pretty!

Friend of mine stopped by after work tonight to donate to the bottle cause, glanced in the box and saw this label, turns out his uncle makes wine, what a hobby! Now I just got to get a message to "uncle" and direct him to the best forum for wine making!

20070415_191404_uncle_Small.JPG

Always fun to see others handy work, I like this guy and haven't met him "yet" !

I finally got around to ordering the Chardasia today, oh what excitementand anticipation itis to look forward to playing with the new peanuts!
smiley20.gif

While waiting on the next shipment of George's Fine Vine Peanuts, did a little bottling...
20070421_191707_noirbottle1_Sma.jpg

Thats 30, count em, bottles of Pinot Noir. Dressed em up with black shrinks, and a quickly made label...
20070421_191923_noirbottle2_Sma.jpg

Lacking a bit on the creative side, the ol' coat of arms will do in a pinch. Taste isn't as good as the Lambrusco, to me, but then I'm no expert in any area, maybe with age (me or the wine)I will develop a taste for it. Speaking of the lambrusco, its ready too, but think I will age a bit in the carboy, thats better than seeing an empty sitting there with nothing to put in it. Now we wait for the Chardasia to arrive, and tend to the few still fermenting, the meads, Cab, and Riesling. Maybe build another wine rack in the meantime, looks like I'll need it.

So I just got home form work, and who pulls up...FED EX! At first I thought OH NO!, I'm (lucky me) that 1 in 1000 that got a damaged package...
20070425_161710_FVWBOX1_Small.jpg

20070425_161814_FVWBOX2_Small.jpg

Before I could say a thing, the driver said "They loaded your box on my top rack, its busted a little, please open it and inspect so I can make sure there are no damaged goods"
20070425_162018_ALLOK_Small.jpg

Thanks to an excellent packing job, and a few of Georges quality peanuts, not a scratch! even the replacement racking cane was A OK!
The moral of the story...Quality Businesses do business with quality Businesses...Hats off to Fed Ex, And of course to George and all the good people at FVW!

Looks like it was hit with a fork lift! This picture shows why we use so many peanuts. It's cheaper than dealing with claims or disappointed customers.

I could show you something hit by a forklift! I got an engineering copier (36 inch paper) on Ebay a few years ago. It shipped by truck. When it arrived-packed on a pallet it was absolutely smashed! $7500 repairs estimate. It shipped by Green(choose a different color of dandelions)Freight. Thier insurance coverage is a joke and I would never use them again. A company standing behind their own actions says a lot about the company(like FVW and FEDEX). I ended up being lucky my business policy covered my equipment in transit. Lice job packing George and Mark!

Got busy this A.M. , Lambrusco in the bottle, Dressed up with shrinks and a nice label from Waldo.
20070427_122100_goodtogo_Small.jpg

Was like a kid with a new toy he can't play with looking at the Chardasia, and not having an available primary...when it hit me, hey that bucket looks like it IS a primary! So , GENTLY laid it over and removed those sweet juices...
20070427_122639_chard1_Small.jpg

Would make a nice pillow, but I have better plans for it, then scrub with a NEW soft sponge, and sanitize...
20070427_122810_chard3_Small.jpg

Now for the lid, the hole is marked where the airlock would go, so a little drilling, scrub and sanatize, and all ready...
20070427_122956_chard2_Small.jpg

Had a grommet on a 1 gallon primary not in use, so in place it went. Then came the dilemma of how to get the juice from the bag to the primary, a little extra attention and caution, and was able to pour from the table to the bucket, didn't spill a drop!
20070427_123215_chard7_Small.jpg

While this was going on, the bentonite was re hydrating as per instructions, mixed in well with the JW-X ...
20070427_123421_chard9_Small.jpg

Took sg reading and temp, all within spec, so pitched the yeast,Lalvin EC-1118 , and tucked it away to begin its journey into wine.
20070427_123708_chard12_Small.jpg

Maybe some are curious as to the instructions on these all juice kits, well here they are, easy enough to follow I think.
20070427_123851_ALLJUICEINSTR_S.JPG

Latest posts

Back