Running Low!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWMINNESOTA

Reaction score
I was starting to run low on Georges packaging peanuts, so a quick contact and...
20070322_185619_packnuts.jpg

Hidden amongs all them peanuts was a fine new kit, Lambrusco!
20070322_190110_lambkit.jpg

Not the all juice kit I really wanted, but a call from dear ol' Mom in New Mexico
smiley13.gif
thatshe was coming in August made me rethink, and go for the early drinker.
Of courses one of the great delights found amongst all those fresh peanuts was the labels, designed by Waldo, looking Good
smiley20.gif

20070322_190212_lamlabel.jpg

So...dear sweet Mom can enjoy Minnesota...and this year, I won't even notice she's here!

Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

I open all of my packages from George at the local carwash, I just pull up to the vacum, open the box, take out any small items that were packed and then vacum the peanuts from the box
smiley36.gif

Waldo, it's no fun uless the kids can throw them around the house a little....

Keep us posted on this kit. I love lambrusco!

Also, enjoy your new basketball coach! Tubby is a fine man.

The Lambrusco is comiing alonge fine, should be ready for secondary Thursday or Friday.
20070327_121353_Lambferm.jpg

Smells incredible, and the fermintation...well, I can hear the thumping when im down in the basement
smiley36.gif
, also had some bottling to do today, Pinot Grigio came out just fine.
20070327_121635_pinobottle.jpg

Didnt have enough clear bottles, and the ol hobby shop only had green left, so a few in green.
20070327_121816_pinotbttle2.jpg

I had already taken some to the basement when I thought of a few pics, so before you ask, that accounts for the missing ones...BUUURP
smiley3.gif
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Looking good...that Pinot sure is nice and clear...And the color of that Lambrusco is awesome....Keep up with the photos...love em!!!

We are going to try some new peanuts. Not suppose to carry the static electricity of the ones we use. Will be curious as to feedback.

By the way, the wine looks really good.

Are they the edible peanuts George? If so they are less susceptible to electrostic charges. They are made out of vegetable oil and can actually be eaten, but I don't know who would want to
smiley11.gif
We used to get them from one of our computer parts suppliers and didn't stick nearly as bad as normal ones.

Who'da thunk there were so many peanut types!
I recall getting some biodegradable peanuts years ago in stuff from REI -- they literally "melted" away in water...I think they weremade from a wheat byproduct. I like Waldo's idea though -- but I'm too excited about the box to cart it off somewhere else to open!

The bio-degradable peanuts are made from corn starch. Put them in water and they disolve. You can also eat them.

We tried using them, but they compact too much and, as a result, do not provide as much cushionas the styrofoam peanuts.

We also looked into using the air bags, but they cost more and don't do as well as the styrofoam.

I like cashews any way they come!
smiley9.gif

Macadamia nuts, pistachios, brazil nuts, hazelnuts. I am just a nutty person
smiley29.gif
!

Its all in fun, id rather have a bag of those peanuts than damaged goods, as long as we all are giving you a hard time on the nuts, the products must be arriving ok.

We got a delivery of livestock drugs once that was packaged in popcorn...threw it out to the birds...Wonder if they had run out of peanuts or what????

The peanuts do their jobvery well. We have damaged packages at a rate of about 1 per 1,000 shipments. I will take that failure rate any day! We lose more packages due to the driver not delivering the package than we do with damage, although we don't have much of a problem with that either. Except in a few isolated pockets, FedEx Ground has down an outstanding job.

George:

You just have to start stocking carmel corn - then I can order candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize (or a bunch of prizes)! Reminds me of my childhood.
And as always -thanks to Mark for the great job he does packaging and shipping - even if it means having to search for that last item.Edited by: maize

Latest posts

Back