Running Low!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're among friends here, I'll go ahead and tell on myself, I only got 29 bottles of the Lambrusco, that ain't ice tea in the gallon jar in the fridge!
20070427_130012_tell_Small.jpg

George, it will depend on how vigorous the fermentation is, not allot of room to play around with there, will have to keep close watch on it.

I will appreciate any feedback as I am skeptical about using the 6.5 gallon pail. Thank for posting the pics.

So far so good, the fermentation on the Chardasia is picking up speed as expected, no issues with smaller primary.
20070429_080536_ferem_Small.jpg

Racked and Oaked a Cab this morning,Thanks to Waldo for advice on the Oak, making it for a friend, not a big fan myself, But the Riesling will be all mine(ok, maybe wife will let me have a glass)added Strawberries to primary, racked it this morning also.
20070429_080840_cabriesling_Sma.jpg

Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Day 3 and we are starting to see a little blow-bye in the airlock, I've had worse, but in this case a bigger primary would indeed have been better.

20070430_064730_airlock2_Small.jpg

Took a couple of extra days to get to 1.020, but there at last, racked to carboy, smells really good, I've never been a big chard fan, but malvasia has long been a favorite, think this blend will be awesome.
20070506_050535_CHARDRACK_Small.jpg

Just hope I don't mix it up with the apple ale in the background, and try to prime and bottle it!
smiley36.gif

Chardasia continues along at a nice clip, nice bunch of lees developing at the bottom
20070512_092954_may123_Small.jpg

Was a busy morning doing some bottling, a Gewürztraminer and Strawberry Riesling, took a shortcut on the labels, Used the one already on there
smiley36.gif
, thank goodness for bar tending friends!
20070512_093232_may121_Small.jpg

And, the Blueberry Mead, doesn't look like Pepto anymore!
20070512_093406_may122_Small.jpg

Now on to mow the lawn, clean the basement, and build wife a shelf, nice relaxing weekend!

Its only day two of the clearing stage, already looking really good. I'll rack this Chardasia on the 26th, Instructions recommend 6-8 weeks of bulk aging, so I will go the 8 then bottle. Waldo, It taste mighty fine!

20070518_123358_chardclear_Smal.jpg
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

geocorn said:
The bio-degradable peanuts are made from corn starch. Put them in water and they disolve. You can also eat them.

We tried using them, but they compact too much and, as a result, do not provide as much cushionas the styrofoam peanuts.

We also looked into using the air bags, but they cost more and don't do as well as the styrofoam.

Not to bring up an old subject but as George said they work best of all, and they really can be recycled again and agian, I know for example The UPS Stores really love it when someone brings them a few bags or even a grocery bag full of clean packing peanuts. remember they are not biodegradable so if they get resused over and over again it will stop the need to keep producing so many that only end up in our waste stations. Those of you who live near FVW I bet george will take them back with enthusiasm, they do have a cost!! Great looking pics in the post by the way!!

It sure cleared up quickly! Pretty color too.
And George, I just might be able to bring you some peanuts!

Latest posts

Back