Rinsing after Sanitizing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickC

Reaction score
I am curious to know if others rinse with water after santizing. The RJS instructions state to thoroughly rinse after sanitizing. I normally drain well but have not been rinsing.

Well, I'm a little all over the place with this.
For Carboys, I do not rinse.Tools, glasses, etc. I wipe down after sanitize with a terry towel that is soaked with sulfite solution.Bottles, I do not rinse but I let them dry for a bit on the tree.
Then again, I usually know my Free SO2 So if the wine is on the high side I tend to rinse/dry more then if I know the SO2 is low.
I guess mostly I don't rinse but I wipe off.

I'm just a sanitize and drip dry kind of person myself. I would never wipe afterwards as that is a sure way in my opinion to reintroduce contaminants (yeast and bacteria).

I rinse my tools sometimes but not the bottles. I'm a slacker but on my wine, I'm trying to do better. I need to take better notes now that I think about it.<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Wade said:
Im with Appleman on this. I never rinse.

LOLI thought you were agreeing with him on never wiping!
I also never rinse but I think it really depends upon what your sanitizing with. Using a kmeta solution I do not rinse.

Latest posts

Back