Ringing in the new year

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly boy

Reaction score
Thought I would start the new year off right. Started a batch of cherry with grape concentrate and a raspberry. Both look really great.

Need to bottle the french chardonnay and pinot grigio next weekend.

What a great hobby! Very addictive though.

It's not that addictive...I can quit anytime ...I just don't want too
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif
....besides who would want to quit, when you can have this much fun.
smiley36.gif

I also started the New Year off right....

* New Years Eve Day....Racked wines....Bottled a batch of wine yesterday PM....went out for dinner, home within 1 1/2 hours...drank wine till bedtime...

* Today, New Years Day....Boxed up a case of 12 bottles each, of the last 3 batches of wine we made, taped the boxes shut [like Joan does],labeled and date of bottling.... and slid them under the shelves...for at least 6-12 months....Hope to do this with all our wines from now on....* That's New Years Resolution #1

Went fishing for 4 1/2 hours...saw only one...came home....

Mixed up a batch of Black Currant Wine with 2 bottles of Red Grape Concentrate....hope it is as good as everyone says.

* Hope to have a healthy year and make many batches of wine.

* Hope to grow many fruits for wine, will try to add more fruit trees and bushes and have a big 'Wine Garden'.... and hope to pick as many wild fruits as possible.

* Wish everyone a great year of winemaking....Edited by: Northern Winos

Sounds like a busy day, I racked the Black Currant for its last time
off the sediment from clearing it 2 weeks ago. Was going to bottle it a
few weeks ago but have no corks and thats just another excuse I can use
to bulk age a little longer than my wife wants to wait!

Racked and stabalized my last 2006 wine yesterday, a Cru Sel. Orange Chocolate Port(tastes wonderfull). Decided to sit back and relax today, will start a 6 gallon batch of canned whole Cranberry sauce winethis weekend. My 1 gallon test batch turned out great. Enjoying a bottle of Vieux Chateau du Roi, tastes great at 10 months, I need to get another of this kit started soon.
Dave

Latest posts

Back