WineXpert Riesling Ice Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomije87

Junior
Reaction score
I've had a WE Riesling Ice Wine kit going for a little while. It's sitting in the secondary and is supposed to ferment down to 1.060. It stopped at 1.071 so I added more yeast because I thought the fermentation was stuck. Even after adding the yeast, it hasn't moved in over a week. Dare I just add the clarifiers? OG was 1.162. Please help..........

I've had a WE Riesling Ice Wine kit going for a little while. It's sitting in the secondary and is supposed to ferment down to 1.060. It stopped at 1.071 so I added more yeast because I thought the fermentation was stuck. Even after adding the yeast, it hasn't moved in over a week. Dare I just add the clarifiers? OG was 1.162. Please help..........

How long has it been at 1.071? Sounds like its been a few weeks. If thats the case I would degas and stabilize.

IMO W.E. kits like these alwas have a problem fermenting as far as they are supposed to. You can try stirring it and get it up to 78* but Im betting this doesnt move much and thats it. No yeast added at this point is going to do anything!

How long has it been at 1.071? Sounds like its been a few weeks. If thats the case I would degas and stabilize.

Its been at 1.071 for about 6 weeks, so clearly it's not going anywhere. I just hate to be 10 points away from ideal bottling gravity. Plus, I've already stirred it up once to get all the sediment resuspended.

Back