Cellar Craft Red Mtn Trio?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Anyone have this going or done yet? I have one due to arrive tomorrow and am very anxious to get it going.

Boatboy24 said:
Anyone have this going or done yet? I have one due to arrive tomorrow and am very anxious to get it going.

Yep. Mine is about to get stabilized from secondary. It tastes very good and shows a lot of promise

I have a pair of these in the basement and will probably kick one off this fall. My Vadai barrel is causing a bit of a backlog, (probably need another....)

Need to also make a decision on which yeast(s) to use on these.....

Keep us posted on the progress of these....

just put mine up to bulk age, didn't add the clearing agents. I used the supplied FR oak shavings in primary and decided to stay with French Med Toast cubes instead of the supplied Hg cubes to age, thinking that may give this one a different taste, too many of my kits have the Hg oak profile. Struggled degassing this one by whip, but plan to vacuum rack with pump in 3 months.

Finally got mine going yesterday. Hungarian med shavings for primary and hungarian med cubes for clearing/bulk aging.

Out of curiosity, I went to Total Wine the other night looking for something similar so I'd know what to look forward to. They had three. All were blends and none were under $35. I walked out with some beer. :ft

Finally got mine going yesterday. Hungarian med shavings for primary and hungarian med cubes for clearing/bulk aging.

Out of curiosity, I went to Total Wine the other night looking for something similar so I'd know what to look forward to. They had three. All were blends and none were under $35. I walked out with some beer. :ft

Probably not the best choice for topping off with!:b:h

Started this one first of June and has been resting in carboy for a couple weeks now. I know it's really early to judge but right now I'm thinking I might want to tinker with this as it ages. I'll be adding Kmet late October and will taste again then. Could add a touch of grand cru tannin and/or an oak spiral. My barrel will be open again in April so this may get three months in the barrel next spring.

Not sure if available in your area, but there is a pretty decent cab/syrah out of washington....Charles and somebody. In the kc area it runs about $12. I had my last LE CDP in the barrell so long I'd do some syrah to top up one time, grenache the next and then Mourvedre the next. You're putting in minimal amounts in comparison overall, so just work the process, see that you like what is evolving......and enjoy what is left in the bottle!

Racked this to secondary last night - started last Saturday (8/4) at 1.102 and hit 0.995 in just 9 days. I can't believe how good it tastes already.

Back