Record methods

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm entertaining the idea of an Excel Spreadsheet since I work with Excel every day/all day. I could enter the formulas to auto calculate with each SG reading. Might be a fun project. Put each batch on a separate tab in the file.

Randy great idea. I am using a seperate excell spread sheet on my desktop for each wine I started earlier this year. Duhh...why didn't I think of putting them all in one work book w/seperate pages.

Just make sure you have your electronic "notebooks" backed up, especially you Pee Cee guys......

It would be a travesty to boot up one day and "pooooof"

Everything "Gone with the Schwinn"..... :sh

I use a 3 ring binder, the front part are my notes on wines that haven't been bottled yet, then I have an index divider for the back half that I put my notes on wines that have been bottled, this section is in alphabetical order and I place the label I used on that batch on the backside of my notes.

I use tags on my carboys for a quick update on what I did to the wine. And a notebook with everything, and I mean everything that was done to the wine from the day that the Fed Ex man delivered it.

I keep the recipe and log in my computer. I also keep dates, SG, and other info written on blue painters tape that I move from the fermenter to the secondary.

So far I have logged everything I have done on a legal pad. The 1st pear wine I started has been racked once and is clearing nicely.
Started a batch of Hawthorn ( locally called Mayhaw - ripe in May ); ready to rack. Prepared 30lbs of more pears and froze - awaiting an order of chems and yeast. That's why I have been thinking about using a program. A notepad can get out of hand quickly.

Latest posts

Back