Ready to join the party!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyTheGuy

Reaction score
I have been seeking out advice and answers to many questions through these forums over the past few months and I have finally decided to introduce myself and join in on the fun.

I started out making single gallons of fruit wines a few years ago and that actually went quite well. I have since moved on to the kits after stumbling upon The Winemakers Toy Store while working in the area. I am ready to bottle my first batch of WE Vieux Chateau Du Roi. I already have a couple more kits I have purchased that I am hoping to start the first of later today.

Thanks for the help on the first one and hopefully many more to come!

Hi Ty! Glad you are already into the hobby in good shape. Fill us in more as you go and feel free with the questions. Wade is always looking for easy ones to answer!
smiley4.gif

Welcome Ty! I'm glad to see you're branching out into kit wines. Best of luck with your new venture in winemaking.

Ty, welcome to the forum! Good thing George moved the store to it's current location. You probably wouldn't have stumbled across it at the former location.
smiley5.gif

Thanks everyone! I have already started my second batch. If all goes well I will have plenty to drink by this coming summer!

Welcome Ty,

My first kit was the V.R. Chateau Vieux du Roi as well, and I've gotten lots of compliments from people I've shared it with. There's also quite a few of us here doing 1 gallon fruit wines, myself included. Glad to have you on board with us.

Mrs. Pelican

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to sit and chat with us. Look forward to reading your posts.

Just to update you guys, the VN merlot is now resting peacefully. I am going to bulk age for 2 months then bottle. I hope to start a CC 5 week kit at the first of the month. I'm trying to see which is a better bang for the buck. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Back