Adventures with Kazkat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazkat183

Junior
Reaction score
Kazkat here,

Ive been making wines since I was 15. My first batches were made from ripe peaches and I was delighted with my adventures until my Rumtopf blew up and Mum and Dad found me out. I have experimented over the years with fruit, honey and now I have stumbled upon winemaking kits. I am new to this wholly scientific approach and am learning and enjoying the journey.

Kazkat here,

Ive been making wines since I was 15. My first batches were made from ripe peaches and I was delighted with my adventures until my Rumtopf blew up and Mum and Dad found me out. I have experimented over the years with fruit, honey and now I have stumbled upon winemaking kits. I am new to this wholly scientific approach and am learning and enjoying the journey.
Welcome! You'll quickly become addicted...I think I've started a wine or two every week since I started in March 😆

My son helped me shovel mulch this morning, and as a thank you Mrs. WM81 and I took him to the Aviator Smokehouse in Fuquay-Varina NC, owned by the Aviator Brewery.

I love their smoked wings, especially in Black Mamba Oatmeal Stout sauce, along with a pint of the Black Mamba. My son had the Barley Wine, which is delicious. Neither of us is into IPA, but pretty much everything else on the menu is good.

aviator.png

Aviator's Devil's Tramping Ground Tripel is very good, but it's 9.2% ABV. Some years back one of my nephews, who normally drinks mass market beer, drank 3. I warned him they were strong.

He started to get up to go to the bathroom, sitting back down heavily. He looked at me and said, "I guess you were right." :slp

In the fall Night Jump is available, a barrel aged Imperial Stout, 12.99% ABV. At the Smokehouse it's a 10 oz pour, not a pint (16 oz), and I drink only one.

Back