Ready for Crush! (a little early)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whoo Hooo!

Took advantage of Georges FVW anniversary sale a few weeks ago. Too good of a deal to pass up. Now to figure out the parts needed to convert to motorize!

DSC02967.jpg

That is the same set up I have exactly!!! I dont think youll need a motor and it will just make it a lot heavier to move. I made a few slotted boards and have the crusher mounted against my ceiling so its out of the way.

Brilliant minds think alike!

I probably won't mess with a motor this year but have it on my close radar for a fun project to do not necessarily because I need it but just because it can be done.

I hear you about the weight factor. I can lift it (barely) as is. Wade, is the paint on your press peeling? I rinsed mine down after the long road trip and the red paint on the drip pan peeled right down to bare metal on a big portion of the pan floor....

If you are talking about the press, mine came off also. I haven't repainted it. I just hose it off and wash any rust off . After pressing a batch or two it get all shiny.

Yep, the red drip pan on the press. Was thinking about calling george to see what to do. Its down to bare grey metal about 2" square.

If you are talking about the press, mine came off also. I haven't repainted it. I just hose it off and wash any rust off . After pressing a batch or two it get all shiny.

I had to go down and look and mine is the #30. I believe I was going to get the #35 and for the amount I was making George talked me out of it as this would just fit it better. If the press is too big then it wont work good or youll need more blocks to do the job. I make 6 gallon batches and this just worked perfectly. A very small area of that pan got scratched during shipping but thats all, no peeling as of yet but I wouldnt worry if it did anyway for the very short time it would be in contact with the grapes or juice. Just wipe it down before and after use and all is good

Thanks for the PI pointer Dan. Will keep it in mind if it continues to grow in size. I just don't want it to peel off during a pressing and end up with paint in the wine.......

Wade the #30 seemed like the most bang for the buck since the #35 was $60 more and it only did 20lb more (80 vs 100). I buy in 100lb lots as well so after fermenting it should probably hold close to the whole lot in one press.

Nice setup you want to come up to Nebr and do my grapes this year and try them out I won't stop you

Latest posts

Back