racked from secondary??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are using a floor corker no need to soak corks. If they are still in a sealed bag you can use them right out of the bag as is. If the corks have been opened I would do as Tom suggested and make up a sanitizing solution of 3 tablespoons of kmeta to one gallon of water. set a bowl or container of it in a bucket. Set a colindar over it and pour your corks in the colindar and cover. The fumes will sanitize the corks.

In the future you can store your corks in a corkidor. Place an open bottle of kmeta in a bucket and pour your corks around it. Use a glass jug. then shut the lid on the bucket. Now you have sanitized corks ready to go at a moments notice. I even store my hoses in it.

Cork-i-dor.jpg

Thanks Runningwolf!!

UGG! I waited to get a floor corker because the hand corker I had was not going to work for me. Was all set to bottle and I noticed a little sentiment on the bottom but thought this wasn't going to be a problem but low and behold i disturbed it by trying to siphon and now i have to wait until it settles again. :(

If you stirred up something that means you need to rack again and see if anything more drops out (sediment)

Filtered my wine Tuesday into carboy. Bottled today! Clear as can be! Will post some pictures soon!! :try

Good job!
Sometimes is seems like you will never get that last little bit of sediment out. Each time you rack, you get less and less until...

cid093000182800.jpg

My labels have an picture of a old time wine cellar in the background w/ the year and the flavor of wine and the words Vino Cantina(which means basement or cellar wine in Italian!!

I'm so excited and the taste is pretty good right now only to get better in the bottle!! Thanks Everyone and time to start another batch:br
Tina

Thanks everyone and for the help on my first batch!! I'm having some right now as we speak and it so good:ib And as it gets better...I'm so proud of my self:h

It has been two months since I bottled my peach and I have to say the flavor is quite nice. It really does get better with age! Be patient:thg

Yep I agree! :dg

Fruit wines will be better next year. But, wil be drinkable 20 days after bottling.

I "age" my fruit wines for a min 6 months. I laso add a f-pac to all of them

Back