racked from secondary??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so i'm totally jealous as tmh made no reference to her fermentation peaches stinking, lol.
how is it looking after clearing? would love to see a pic. as mine is still on secondary and very cloudy...you give me hope

Actually when me and my husband were racking it we smelled it and we said it had a good smell with no spoil smell or yeasty smell:r

I will post pictures soon as it is clearing quite nicely!!

Here are some pictures of my peach wine. I believe it is degassing quite nicely. When do I know it is ready to bottle???

IMG2440.jpg

IMG2441.jpg

IMG2442.jpg

Looks good, I like to let it sit 6 months. Did you add f-pac or U gonna backsweeten?

6 months from now?? I don't think I can wait that long:ib I added a f-pac beginning of July.

Actually, if you sure it is stabilized you can bottle it right now.

What is your current SG?

Make sure it stays like that for 3 or 4 days and go for it.

Make a new batch!! Looks good from this angel. Maybe Tom meant wait at least 6 months in the bottle before you drink it.

I say bottle it. Free up your carboy and go again.

Good job.

IF you feel its clear enough then bottle.

Let it sit a month or TWO. The longer the better it will taste.

Wow does that look good! Clear as could be and a very pretty color. I notice there is a lot of head space, did you have that much all along?

That looks ready to bottle to me, great job. I will be adding Superkleer to mine this weekend as its almost a year old and still hasnt cleared to well and I have to start getting ready for grapes season. Again, that looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Wow does that look good! Clear as could be and a very pretty color. I notice there is a lot of head space, did you have that much all along?

I got alot of head room this last racking as I had quite a bit of sediment on the bottom from settling out and f-pac.

This looks like a very nice product. I've been contemplating using some peaches....I think I've decided...again very nice and it appears to be well worth your efforts.

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited!! Approximately how many bottles do you get out of 5 gal. batch???? Oh and I did a taste test this morning and it has a very pleasant peach taste. The more it sits in the bottle it can only get better! I have a neighbor that makes his own wine so I can pretty much tell that mine is headed in the right direction.:br
Will keep everyone updated!

Just an update and a question. i have not bottled yet because I need more wine bottles but I figured time is on my side and letting it sit in the carboy isn't hurting it a bit. I had a question as to the head space i have on top of my wine and is this ok?????
Thanks in advance for your help:)

It looks a little low to me - I would just top it with a similar wine or water to get it up to the bottom of the neck.

If you can bottle it soon like the next week or so then leave it as is, if its going to take you longer then top up with a similiar wine. In your case with peach there really arent much similiar wines unless you have a local winery that does peach but otherwise you can use a Risling or something to that sort as it wont take much and that small amount wont make any taste difference.

Wow my summer has been so busy! Any way I plan to bottle this week and was wondering on the corks. Do you soak them, for how long and it what kind of solution???

Do not soak.
Make a corkador like Wade does.
Meta in a pot. corks in a strainer. Lid closed. fumes will sanitize them.

Do not soak.
Make a corkador like Wade does.
Meta in a pot. corks in a strainer. Lid closed. fumes will sanitize them.

Thanks Tom...How much meta in the pot?? And I assume you mix with water? Are we steaming them?
How long do we leave corks in the corkador?

Back