Pumpkin Beer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_A

Junior
Reaction score
My wife and several of our friends have this thing for pumpkin beer when it is available in the fall. I wanted to take a try at making some for them and wondered if anyone had suggestions or recipes they might be willing to share.

Thanks!
Chris

First off, welcome to the forums. What type of brewing do you do? All Grain, Partial Mash, or Extract? I have a great all grainrecipe I brewed using the recipe of another brewer posted on another forum. Let me know what type brewing you do and I will try to throw something together for you. I will say though that it wasn't the easiest or the cheapest batch I have done. It sure was good though.

So far I have been doing a few batches of Mr Beer, and working through my first full sized kit brew. (bottling this weekend!) So if possible I'd probably be more comfortable starting with a kit and putting in some additions. But if it is easier to translate to a partial mash, then this could be the excuse for the next escalation in my brewing. :) Given my beginner status though, I probably would not be ready for an all-grain. That and I'd probably be short a piece or two of equipment.

Thanks for the help!
Chris

Back