Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I got the pix from someone else. We tried but could not connect. We hit the perfect seam of weather for our whole trip. It was snowing in Lost Almost and along I-40 when we were long gone from there, driving in sun and 70 on I-10 down along the border.

Funny story: As soon as we got well away from el Paso – where I-10 runs right along the border – all traffic had to stop for a Border Patrol check. We rolled up to the guard shack and a Hispanic guy in a BP uniform saw two old white folks through the windshield and then said to us in heavily accented English: "American citizens?" And we said "Yes!" and he waved us through before I even came to a full stop. We laughed and took off. 🤣 Your tax dollars at work. It's Texas, man.

Note that if you take US 62 and 54 out of el Paso, you can bypass it. 😄

View attachment 108457
Nope: you can't bypass the BP stations. They are all along the area. and some of the back roads are now controlled by the cartels. so watch out!

Nope: you can't bypass the BP stations. They are all along the area. and some of the back roads are now controlled by the cartels. so watch out!

I wouldn't call a US highway and a state highway back roads. Good to know about bypassing. No problem, we are old and white. 😄 That was probably our last Texas trip anyway, unless we go to Denton again sometime to see my friend or pass through the panhandle to go elsewhere.

Made by Collision Bend Brewing Co. in Cleveland. Who can send me a six?

View attachment 108607

I like the label! I wonder if they did a cross-promotional thing with PB Blaster, or are just winging it?

I am probably staying in northern Ohio tomorrow night. I will take a look-see for it.

This is THE collision bend on the Cuyahoga River. Great view from the outdoor music pavilion. Took my daughter to a concert there this year. Back in the day I saw Bonnie Raitt there, a huge freighter was in the background and blew its horn. Was louder than the band! All the musicians turned around to see the ship going by.

18C10030-B1D2-4AE9-8994-91663A17D211.jpeg2CD69446-C64C-4A23-A128-372ABBF66B45.jpeg

This is THE collision bend on the Cuyahoga River. Great view from the outdoor music pavilion. Took my daughter to a concert there this year. Back in the day I saw Bonnie Raitt there, a huge freighter was in the background and blew its horn. Was louder than the band! All the musicians turned around to see the ship going by.

View attachment 108648View attachment 108649
The ship(Mark W. Barker) was in Green Bay earlier this week. Got to the bridge just as it was going up and had to wait about 20 minutes before it went through and bridge came down. The ship is over 700 ft long and was too big to turn around on the Fox river that goes thru down, so it went out backwards until it got into the Bay. Over an hour later, at home & watched it head out, but it was already turned around.

Back